CineForm and Adobe Premiere Pro -- various questions - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro project trimming/recompression

There's probably an answer to this somewhere, but I've been unable to find it. I don't know if this is a Cineform-specific question or a Premiere-general one, so I'll ask it here for starters.

When trimming a project using Project Manager or whatever they're calling it now, are the resulting AVI files recompressed? Or are the frames just rewritten to smaller files containing a subsection of the original clip(s)?

Basically I guess what I'm asking is: do I spend a generation trimming a project?
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #32
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Trimming the project is purely file based, so it is much faster than requiring a re-encode on everything.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #33
Major Player

Is Premiere 1.5.1 still required?

Does Aspect HD still require Premiere 1.5.1 be installed on the system to support full functionality of CFHD in PPro 2, or has this issue been resolved in the latest release of Aspect HD? If this is still an open issue, are there any target dates as to when this may be resolved?

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #34
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We are still waiting on the legal department on a partner company to upgrade our licensing, it is very frustrating. This is not a technical issue.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
This is not a technical issue.
Thanks, understood.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #36
Inner Circle

PPRO 1.5 better than 2.0 ?

Since PPro2 cannot export to tape without PPro 1.5 installed and since i got a lot more problems with PPro2 (mainly with sound, moving the cursor into the monitor window and the sound is lost, this not happening in 1.5) that i do not get in PPRO 1.5, is there any advantage to work in 2.0 rather than in 1.5 ?
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #37
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I much prefer 2.0 as an edit app. But for Aspect HD, most features are the same between running in either, so it is personal choice.
Old June 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #38
Trustee

2.0 is a great app, I have been premiere since 5.1!!!!!! I can say that the DVD burning part of Premiere 2.0 has bugs, they can't burn a 24fps dvd yet, but it's not Adobes fault it's MainConcepts!! they are working on it they told me today in an email, should have a fix soon.
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Premiere 1.51 crashes on preview render

I'm using Premiere 1.51 with Aspect HD 3.4 for a 1hr project. It is impossible to render previews in the project without Premiere encountering a "serious problem" and shutting down about 95% through a simple render. If I export the same work area as a CF avi it works fine, so this has become my workaround on the project.

Footage was captured via Premiere and converted to CF on the fly. The project is a PAL Cineform HDV project via the preset.

I also experience a sporadic loss of audio playback randomly. Restarting Premiere overcomes the problem. Very strange as otherwise audio works perfectly.

System: AMD 3500+ 64X Processor, Nvidia GeForce MB, 2GB dual ramm, 80GB system drive, 2x200GB Raid 0 AV drives.

Any ideas?
Derek Serra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #40
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I haven't heard of that one. File a ticket to see if the support guys know of it. Does Aspect HD 4.0 do it on your project (use the free trail)?
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #41
New Boot

prem pro 2 playback issues-HELP

Hi David and co

I have edited several scenes from Spoon with success but had not applied any filters or speed changes. Today i had my first problem on a new scene.

I am having a problem playing back clips in prem 2 after applying colour correction filters and starting to edit with them. The problem is completely bizarre and after 8 hours of testing I still can't get to the bottom of it. In a desperate bid to understand whats happening I post some of my results

I have mostly tested the everything in a 24fps project. However, I imported an existing 24fps project into a 23.976 project. I had no problems with rendering etc but had the same random "sticking".

You start playing a timeline - it sticks on eg 3rd clip. It will now do this continously if you keep repeating it. You can remove all effects from all clips in the project. The error remains.

if you copy and paste, or cut and paste the clip on its own anywhere else in the timeline, it will play through the offending clip no problem .

If you move/cut/delete all the clips that follow the problem clip, it will play through the sequence and offending clip.

I tried deleting and importing the clip - made no difference.

The project is small - system is not struggling at all.

It had nothing to do with the video card output - had the same problem when played out on computer monitor only.

I deleted all clips following the offending clip - it played - i added a new clip to the end - when i did so, the timeline would play through and then beginning sticking on the new clip!!!

I tried importing the project into a new project - it would stick on the same 3rd clip, however if I copied only selected files into a new sequence it would play fine. I did repeated tests to try and work out if there was a particular offending clip or series of clips with no clear result. At one point, i was able to copy about 20 clips from an edit, as long as I did not copy 3 particular disabled clips that occured after the 3rd (offending) clip however, some moments later while editing the new sequence without the offending clips, the probelm re-occurred.

I had several prem crashes which i hadn't had before - below are the messages i got before crashes

[\dev\stingray\MediaLayer\Src\AESupport\AEInData.cpp-696] was error i got trying to place new clip in a video track above the one sticking - i got the same error again when trying to move disabled clips away from clip thats sticking - prem just closed and i re-opened

[\dev\stingray\Backend\Src\Sequence\LinkContainer.cpp-216] error received when multiple selecting clips to move

[\dev\stingray\Backend\Src\FileCache\FileCache.cpp-879] was the last error i got - can't remember what i was trying at this point - after this last crash, prem would not close in the task manager although it appeared closed and i had to manually switch off my computer in order to re-start.

MY THOUGHTS ON WHAT IT COULD BE

Some kind of problem with certain source footage that we captured at this scene. (i have noticed the probelm in a previous scene but only on a particular clip)

An issue relating to 23.9/24fps. I have tested mostly in 24fps workspace. When i important the project into 23.9 it doesn't reconfirm audio or loose renders and i have the same problems. Only when I select interpret footage as 23.9 in the bin do red render lines appear in the project forcing me to render any clip because our file headers say 24fps.

If you have ANY VAGUE IDEA on what this sounds like, please let me know.

I'll be keeping a detailed log as I cut the 200 or so hours of spoon on prem pro (god willing).

ciao
sharlto Copley
Sharlto Copley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #42
Major Player

Premiere Pro 1.5.1 Crashes with Export to M2T

I recently finished my first big movie (well, 18-minutes) with the JVC HD100, and now I'm trying to export the project to an M2T file so I can play back HD from the camera.

Every time I try to Export Movie -> CineForm M2T, Premiere Pro crashes with a "serious error".

I made sure the export settings matched the project (1280x720 24p), so what else can I be doing wrong?
Old August 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #43
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sounds like a support issue (please file a ticket.) Sorry I don't know what might be causing it. For a work-around export to a 1280x720 CineForm AVI. Then use that AVI to create your MPEG2-TS file.
Old August 19th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #44
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Sounds like a support issue (please file a ticket.) Sorry I don't know what might be causing it. For a work-around export to a 1280x720 CineForm AVI. Then use that AVI to create your MPEG2-TS file.
Indeed, I've already attempted that. First tried to export the original timeline directly to an M2T; then tried exporting to a CineForm AVI (which worked), putting that in a new PPro project and exporting it to M2T. Both situations crash right at "Frame 1 of 26109".

Can the CineForm AVI be converted to MPEG2-TS outside of Premiere Pro? (i.e. through HDLink or another app?)

I'll also file a ticket on the CineForm site.

Last edited by Earl Thurston; August 19th, 2006 at 11:57 PM.
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
Can the CineForm AVI be converted to MPEG2-TS outside of Premiere Pro? (i.e. through HDLink or another app?)
You could do it with Canopus Procoder 2, and I'm surely sure you could do with the latest TMPEG offering.
Richard Leadbetter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase