Adobe to offer Cineform for free? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM   #31
Trustee

By the way, it comes with a fine PDF file that explains it all. Even which native Premiere Pro effects you can use and stay realtime.

I would love to work for Cineform, but I doubt they can afford me. :-)

Take a look at my HDV page and you will see them prominently displayed at the top.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Well I bought and downloaded it and guess what? Yes, a problem! It will not accept my activation code. I have an email in to support and I am waiting for a reply.

I ordered it and paid for it on my regular computer, and then downloaded it from and to my editing computer. Copied the login info. I would think that it gets its system info from the download computer, during download, but the code will not work. I bought the editing computer just for doing video, and would not even have it connected to the internet, except that you have to anymore to do all of the registrations, activations and such. Do not even have an email account set up on it.

How does this sound? HP, running XP Media addition, 3.4 Ghz Pentium IV with Hyper-threading, 1 Gig ram, two 250 Gig hard drives(I put an additional one just to hold video and audio files), graphics card with 128mb DDR video memory, front panel has 7 drives on it--(DVD-CD writer, DVD-CD rom, standard floppy drive, SmartMedia, MMC/SD, CompactFlash, and MS/MS Pro) That about covers it! OK, no Zip drive, but they are out dated and I have them on other computers.

I am still waiting for support. I did check out your site, but could not open your video, I got only raw code. What program do I need to see your video. I thought I had them all, but I guess not. I see you like Disney World, and I live just about 150 miles away.

Appreciate your help and guidance,

Mike
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:40 PM   #33
Trustee

My videos are all viewable in Microsoft Media Player. You should not have trouble viewing them.

As for the activation code, did you follow the instructions carefully? I believe that they send you a code, you go to the web site, you give them a number from the screen, put in the code they gave you when you purchased the software, and then they send you an email with the activation code.

I do not believe that they just send an activation code. Unless something has changed.

Check the PDF file. It is all in there.

Keep us posted.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM   #34
Major Player

Yep, you need to give them a code from the computer you will use after it is loaded.

Yep, follow all directions to a tee.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:44 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Thanks, will try again. Came up with a new activation window and was different than the file. Thought it was new and maybe is but not yet supported. Will try the other way now.

Thanks guys--Mike
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:48 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Actually that is not right! They sent me the activation code by email before I even tried to activate it. It should have been right. Was just a plug-in. They probably got it from the computer I was contacting them for the buy on, and not the one I downloaded it to.

Mike
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:57 PM   #37
Inner Circle

The registration has changed. There is no longer even a visit web-site tab. I can't follow the directions in the manual. I will just have to wait for assistance! Will have to see if the code is wrong or is from the other computer. I can't deactivate it from this one, as it was never loaded to it.

Thanks anyway guys.

David Where Are You?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM   #38
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You have been emailed your serial number, this is different from your activation key. The activation procedure is covered in the PDF manual. Bascially your serial number + system code = an activation key (which we send to you when you visit http://www.cineform.com/register.html.) It is pretty easy to do (and no you don't have to have the editing system on the internet.) Remember you can use the product for 15 days without activation. You should get an email helping you out shortly.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM   #39
Inner Circle

I think I have it now. I tried to open Aspect HD and got nothing. Opened Activate Aspect HD and got the screen with activation and no visit web site. Finall gave up and just went to open Adobe Premiere 1.5, and that is when I got the correct activation screen with the visit web site tab. Sent off as required.

Like I said, new computer, and 57 year old brain!!!!

Thanks guys
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #40
Trustee

"How does this sound? HP, running XP Media addition"

I thought that was for HTPC? Any real advantage to having that over winXP pro?
Old February 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #41
Inner Circle

As I understand it, the Windows XP Media Edition OS uses proprietary media formats and/or digital content protection which I would not want to mess with. If you really want a media-oriented computer, just add an ATI "All In Wonder" card with remote control to any standard PC.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #42
Inner Circle

I don't pretend to know all that much about the operating system, but it has been good so far. It does have the TV in and out, Tivo like recording capabilities, remote, and all that, but I do not use them. I have not even set them up. You can capture analog video and audio etc., and convert to digital, and that I have used. The front has the built-in drives for all the removable media. That was good for me as between my video and still digital cameras, and my boat sonar and GPS, I use three of the four slots. It was just a good overall package and I got a good deal on it. I you really want the best computer for anything, it should be hand built, with just the stuff you need on it. No packaged software with a hundred different trial software packs on it, etc. But sometimes it is not practical to do it. That is the way this deal was.

Years ago, I had another computer that was a good unit, for its time, but the darn thing would just restart itself while you were working, and sometimes did it several times a day. I did not have another to use for my business at the time and just put up with it for about a year, (the funny thing is that it never lost any data, and even if you were writing a letter, it was there when it fired back up!) The manufacturer could never figure it out either. When I finally got another computer, I transferred the important data. I formatted it, and instead of using the recovery software, I installed a clean windows OS on it. After that, it never restarted itself on me again.

I picked up a ViewSoni, 20.1-inch HD ready monitor, a couple of weeks ago, and I like it very much. Needed a much better digital camera for my project, and received my new Nikon D70 yesterday. Like I said, I’m new and just learning, but this camera sure seems awesome to me. I guess now I will have to figure out how to put stills with HD video. Must be a way huh? I swear I am done spending money, really! No, Really!!! Well, one thing maybe. I do not want to put extra time on my JY-HD10U just to shoot DV, do you have any suggestions on a decent DV video camera, older used model that would shoot decent video. Lower price range!

I wish I had found this video stuff and started with it years ago. This is a blast! Strains the old brain though.

Thanks for you help--Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase