No Audio - No Longer Need Cineform! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 4th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Major Player

Thank you so much Leo for posting that link. I just bought a GH1 and Premiere wouldn't play the files. Thanks to CineForm I could edit the files, but no audio. Once I installed what you linked to everything has worked great. I can't believe it was that easy!
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello Eric,

I am pleased you are all up and running.

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Biggest reason for Cineform: Intermediates

I have looked and can't find anything else that works as well at maintaining quality, being small in compressed size and fast enough to use to edit in an NLE.

If anyone knows better please tell me, but I have looked and come up blank.
Simon Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #19
Regular Crew

For the sake of others who may stumble on to this thread who are having files convert without audio, the new builds (posted 9/11/2009: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...end-betas.html) include better support for AAC audio decoding/transcoding.

AC3 decoding will still require third party decoders. Many NLEs and media players will come with these components that CineForm can leverage. For systems in which they are absent, AC3filter is still our recommended tool as it is free and effective.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
what we design for pro. use today with be in consumer grade tools in a year or so.
If true, please god add 1080p to 720p downrezzing capability to Scene. It's the last thing holding me back from purchasing Scene for my 5D2 workflow.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Binder View Post
If true, please god add 1080p to 720p downrezzing capability to Scene. It's the last thing holding me back from purchasing Scene for my 5D2 workflow.
Why wouldn't you want to keep the full resolution until you do you the final output from you editor and then resize to the desired target resolution? There benefits to doing so.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Binder View Post
Scaling is a feature of Neo HD. Though I'm of the same philosophy of Jim... maintain the highest quality through post and scale at the end.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Snow View Post
Why wouldn't you want to keep the full resolution until you do you the final output from you editor and then resize to the desired target resolution? There benefits to doing so.
Because for me and my use it's good enough.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM   #24
Regular Crew

I'm having the audio issue with NeoScene as well. Using NeoSceneV137b124-091002.

Have installed AC3 filter as recommended as well as uninstalled and re-installed Vegas pro 9.
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #25
New Boot

What do you use for your NLE? In vegas, you can automate the proxy editing method with proxystream script. This is what I use from time to time just to cut down on the file size for less important video. I backed up everything (including the intermediates) so file size is something I also look out for.

I usually use neoscene/cineform as a codec ( vs using cineform neoscene as a tool). I load the h.264 into the timeline then render it back out with cineform codec. That way I bypassed some of the issues that neoscene converting tool is having. I do this with scripts to minimize touch labor.

In a big picture, the cost of cineform codec is low enough that it became a nobrainer to get. You can have a fast enough computer to review 5Dmk2 video in full resolution real time but try that with the duplicated layer sharpening method and you won't be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Dean View Post
Biggest reason for Cineform: Intermediates

I have looked and can't find anything else that works as well at maintaining quality, being small in compressed size and fast enough to use to edit in an NLE.

If anyone knows better please tell me, but I have looked and come up blank.
Khanh Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase