Computer upgrade -- video card? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 18th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #16
Major Player

You guys are well informed and it was great material to read...but what about avid Mojo ? You can use it..not with fcp but I am sure you I can use my old mac and not have to buy a complete new system..

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I don't know much about Avid Mojo. It is an SD product but it can be used with Avid Xpress Pro HD, but no mention of Final Cut Pro. http://www.avid.com/products/dna/mojo/
Old February 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Avid recently announced that they won't support the HDV format until at least sometime this summer. If you want to do SD editing they might be worth a look, but Avid is arguably expensive for what you get.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Kevin, please keep us updated on the proposed Edius Pro vs Premiere Pro/Cineform test. I'm trying to get the local agent Canopus agent here to stick Edius Pro software on a system and test its capabilities - of course he wants to sell the NX system, so it's not easy.
Derek Serra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Derek: there's a good discussion of Edius versus Cineform right now in the "Edius NX for HDV" forum on the Canopus web site. My take so far is that Cineform is probably better at offering usable HDV editing on single-processor computers, but Edius really shines when you build a good dual-processor system to support it. So both solutions have their advantages depending on your circumstances and budget, which is about what you'd expect for most computer products.

I still plan to do my own comparison sometime in the next few weeks, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase