DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cinedeck mobile Cineform Recorder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/384703-cinedeck-mobile-cineform-recorder.html)

Frank Brodkorb September 11th, 2009 01:06 AM

Cinedeck mobile Cineform Recorder

Wooohooo!

This is, what I was waiting for years.
Actually I hoped to see this coming from Cineform (you hear me David?) - but they are probably occupied with fighting the video for windows implementation in CS4 ;-)

It´s a -on Camera - Cineform Recorder (HDMI/HDSDI/Analog), a focus monitor with historgrams , a playback device, a internet surf tablet, Editing Station andwhatnot.

http://www.cinedeck.com/content

Henry Olonga September 11th, 2009 02:27 AM

Wow

This thing looks amazing.I have built my own recorder so cannot justify this just yet based on the price.But when the first VDSLR that outputs uncompressed HDMI comes out - this will be one sweet deal.Toss up between this and Scarlet is not easy but I suppose the 2/3 Scarlet as an all in one camera makes more sense in this price range.

Hey David and co - I will add my voice, aren't we waiting for something similiar from Cineform for about $ 2000?That would be the best seller IMHO. $5000 is par for the course but if there can be a saving - bring it on.

Richard Leadbetter September 11th, 2009 03:10 AM

$5k is a bargain for a device with these capabilities at that price.

Henry Olonga September 11th, 2009 05:21 AM

Sure

Hey Richard, I do acknowledge that it is par for the course but heck as I said, I have built myself this kind of product which although a lot bigger does the same thing for less money.I live in the UK and if it were to get here it would be about £5000 after all things considered.
Laptop with expresscard slot for £700 - intensity (or other decklink card) £140 - Magma Chassis - £ 500 - portable power supply - Cineform codec £400 - done.And you can surf the internet on the laptop too.

If I wanted to shoot discreetly or travel away with minimum fuss this thing looks like the ticket - great codec,solid state,works like a laptop - no brainer.I even made a suggestion to David and crew recently that the Archos internet tablet that I use would make the perfect form factor to achieve this.These other guys are geniuses though...

just for me .....I guess if it were cheaper I would look at it - it is a game changer of course - first light is the single most compelling reason to go with this rather than the nanoflash or flash XDR.Oh and higher bit depths as well.

I am intrigued as this is a super product but my reasoning is that if one already has a high quality camera like an EX1 it makes great sense.But if one uses cheapish camcorders like I do to upgrade the value then perhaps holding off for Scarlet is simpler and more elegant.Perhaps a VDSLR that does uncompressed HDMI may well tip it for me but for now it will have to be the DIY approach that I have done on my next few projects.
regards.

David Dwyer September 11th, 2009 09:23 AM

The HDSDI would that be supported on my Sony Z1?

David Dwyer September 11th, 2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Olonga (Post 1339507)
I even made a suggestion to David and crew recently that the Archos internet tablet that I use would make the perfect form factor to achieve this.These other guys are geniuses though...

Wow that would be great if Cineform could do that!

David Taylor September 11th, 2009 11:15 AM

We have been working to support Charles at DBOX for quite a while on his design - we're very impressed with the result - it is clearly a professional implementation. His website went live only a day ago or so. I'll let Charles know there is some discussion going on here so he can jump in if he wants.

Yes, we intended to design our own version, but the reality is that we're a software company and it has been difficult for us to get the incremental resources to do the design we intended. so we're all over helping our customers be successful with their products.