Can anyone see a real time preview in Premiere Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 15th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can anyone see a real time preview in Premiere Pro?

My experiment in Vegas was not good so trying it out in Premeire Pro. The capture went smooth but I can't get a video preview even in draft mode.

I can hear the audio but the preview window just blacks out. The only way I can review the video is to just scroll through it.

Yes, I sent a support ticket but wondering if anyone can see a real time preview.
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I downloaded the trial for use with PP. I can see the video and can even do rudimentary dissolves and other trans and titles etc...real time. If I do a 3d move or effect I need to render. It works pretty well. I'm not a PP editor, but an Avid editor so I don't know if NTSC would require the same renders, etc...

My system isn't super-powerful, either. It's a first gen P4 2.8 and a gig of ram.

$499 for the retail plug-in seems a bit steep, so I'll probably look for an interim solution on the mac using their AIC codec, since it's free and use FCP.
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

+++I can hear the audio but the preview window just blacks out. The only way I can review the video is to just scroll through it.+++

Are you using two monitors?
If so you need to have the preview window in the monitor which comes from your main monitor output on the PC. If it comes from the extra output on the video card, for some reason you cannot view the footage....that's what happens on my system anyway with the Matrox RTX100 card.
Carl Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #4
Regular Crew

My edit monitor is my secondary monitor (HD15 connector) and my pallette monitor is my primary (DVI connector) on an ATI 9700 Pro.
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

An ATI-9700Pro should work, they are just tricky to set up (my 9800Pro supports external monitoring). There should be some setup information on the CineForm support site.
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I discovered that I can only view the preview window on my middle monitor when editing HDV. ( I have 3) So no problem but that is strange because that is not the case when editing DV.

No worries :)
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase