Can't find Cineform output option in AE and Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Trustee

Can't find Cineform output option in AE and Vegas

Unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't I be able to render to Cineform from these programs? Where do I find the option in AE and also Vegas.

Thanks
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

We don't include the CineForm AVI Format option for After Effects in Neo Scene. That's a good reason to upgrade to Neo HD. You can however use the Video For Windows format and select The CineForm compressor in the Format Options.

In Vegas, just create customer 'Render As' settings that use CineForm HD Codec as the 'Video Format'.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks for your response Jake. I was trying to avoid contacting support for this question, but you answered it anyway. haha

Can NeoScene convert avi files to Cineform?
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Tourist

Quality loss

Isn’t this VFW workaround for the AE exclusion going to lead to a loss of quality and rerendering in Vegas if you have originally transcoded everything to Cineform for editing in Vegas before outputing clips to AE for specials and then sending them back to Vegas for the final edit? You would be mixing VFW with Cineform AVI on the Vegas timeline.
Scott Tolbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Trustee

Scott, perhaps I wasn't clear. I want to be able to use the Vegas timeline only for reference purposes, so as the narrator is naming five vacation destinations, each can be listed as text at precisely the right moment.

Then, I would mute the Vegas track and just render the AE text clips as uncompressed AVI with Alpha and lay them on a top track in Vegas.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Tourist

Clear to me

Paul,

Yes, you were clear.

I was expanding on your original post to ask a question that many Vegas/AE users might have in their workflow. I hoped that Jake might weigh in on that quality question.
Scott Tolbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Sponsor: CineForm

You're not really loosing much quality. Vegas uses VFW too. So any export out of AE using VFW is the same as rendering your Vegas timeline.

I should mention that Neo HD does let you access the codec directly to access higher color precision in AE (using the CineForm AVI format option). But again, that won't help you in Vegas, since it uses VFW.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Tourist

Thanks

Thanks Jake!
Scott Tolbert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase