DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Connect HD questions. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/41344-connect-hd-questions.html)

Don Donatello January 12th, 2006 10:23 PM

uninstalling connect HD

i've had connectHD 1.5 installed for sometime on my HP laptop.. in early dec i installed v2.? i did not enter serial # ... i also noticed that it did not uninstall 1.5 ... v2 expired while i was on the road last week ( did not have my serial # with me) and everytime i attempted to load in a avi. clip the expired - BUY- notice poped up.. so i uninstalled V2 but i still keep getting the BUY pop up notice repeatedly while i edit (vegas 6) ... is there a way to get rid of the pop up ???

David Newman January 12th, 2006 10:35 PM

Good question for tech support. That isn't supposed to happen, as the expired license is only to prevent encoding not decoding.

Don Donatello January 12th, 2006 11:31 PM

it was connect HD v2.0.1.10
the zip is labeled connecthd20dl050930

on the laptop under XP add/remove programs ..
cineform HD VFW codec ..is still listed
connect HD is still listed no version listed .. the cineform folder is still on C drive and i can pop up connect HD 1.5 program

in Vegas 5 .. when i go to render as HDV 1440x1080 60i there is not a cineform codec listed ..

in Vegas 6 when i render for HDV there is no cineform codec listed??

no cineform HDV clip will playback with picture in V6/5 or WMP = audio only ...

i see from my other Computer in Vegas 6c cineform 2.1 codec is available
( it does not have connectHD installed) so i assume 2.1 is from within V6..
but it has disappeared from V6 on the laptop ...

so would i assume when i uninstall connectHD v2 it took the cineform codec that comes with Vegas 6 with it ???

once i get rid of pop up - i assume re-install V6 will get the codec back ... and once i re-install connect HD 2.1 that will get it back into Vegas 5 ...

David Newman January 12th, 2006 11:40 PM

Sorry for the confusing version numbers : You want Connect HD v2.1, which contains the CineForm codec version 2.3. That should solve your issues.

Heath Vinyard February 18th, 2006 07:26 AM

Connect HD Tutorial?

I downloaded a trial version of Connect HD for Vegas 6d. Could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial for this? Workflow, conversion, rendering?

Thank you.

Graham Wright February 18th, 2006 08:59 AM

There should be a PDF manual in that download which will show you how to use it.

Heath Vinyard February 18th, 2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Wright
There should be a PDF manual in that download which will show you how to use it.

Thanks for helping out. The current dowload only has the installation file. Nothing else. Their site seems a bit bare as far as tutorials.

Chris Barcellos February 18th, 2006 01:35 PM

HD Connect is really just a captur utility with an inermediate codec. There isn't that much to it, from what I can tell. You are paying for the use of intermediate codec to ease editing of HDV. It does not add real time editing features or transitions like Aspect does for Premiere Pro, right ?

Clay Coulter February 19th, 2006 05:23 AM

Here is the manual: http://www.advantipro.com/chd.pdf

Heath Vinyard February 19th, 2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay Coulter

Wow. Perfect. Thank you! :)

Heath Vinyard February 20th, 2006 03:27 PM

Connect HD Purchase?

Does anyone know where I can purchase this? I tried Video Guys and they said they no longer stock it. B&H is out.

Thanks.

David Newman February 20th, 2006 03:58 PM

You can purchase directly from www.cineform.com. Video Guys only seem to stock Aspect HD, and yes B&H is out of stock.

Heath Vinyard February 21st, 2006 03:57 PM

I guess I'll have to do that. I've noticed that no one has this in stock. Is there a reason for this? Is it going away? Any ideas on that?

David Newman February 21st, 2006 04:21 PM

Resellers likely find more money to be made selling Aspect HD -- my guess. No it is not going away.

Heath Vinyard February 21st, 2006 04:41 PM

That's great to hear. Thank you. I normally like the whole package, and see that CHD is a download. Is there an option to be sent the media?

I promise I'll stop asking questions now. :)

I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Beggers can't be choosers, I'm guessing. Thanks for your help.