DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Connect HD questions. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/41344-connect-hd-questions.html)

David Taylor February 21st, 2006 09:25 PM

Heath, we don't have a physical package option for Connect HD any longer. With Aspect, in which we still offer a physical package option, most all customers order the download. Plus we tend to rev our software pretty frequently so your disk becomes outdated pretty quickly anyway. We certainly retain your S/N and activation information in our database if there's ever a future problem. My recommendation is to burn the software onto a CD. Thank you for the business....

Heath Vinyard February 22nd, 2006 09:25 AM

Thank you for all your help, David. I did place the order and downloaded the software. Removed my trial verion and installed this version, as per instructions. Watching for the serial.

Thank you again for your help.

Mark Duckworth February 28th, 2006 03:20 AM

Help! Can't activate Connect HD 2.1

I purchased Connect HD 2.1 from the CF website, I already had it installed as a demo but the demo has expired. I read the pdf of how to activate the program but I don't get the window that has my system code in it. All I get is a window that says "Key Expired. Thank you for evaluating this software. Your evaluation period is over. Please visit http://www.cineform.com to purchase the software." and then three buttons that say Enter Key, OK, and Buy Now!. If I click on the Buy Now! I get booted to the CF activation website but since I don't have my system code I can't get the activation key. Help please.

Mark

Mark Duckworth February 28th, 2006 03:37 AM

Fixed it. I did a registry clean up and it works fine now.

Danny Fye March 31st, 2006 01:56 PM

Cannot Activate connect HD

I previously downloaded the trial version and it has expired. I just purchased the software, registered it and got the activation number.

When I tried to activate it, it gives me an error saying it appears that the name/activation number is incorrect.

So now what?

The help pages were of no help! I could say a whole lot more because I am extremely angry, upset and unhappy with the process of this software.

Another question, even though I have it installed on my editing system, can it also be used on my note book computer to convert .m2t files to cineform .avi while capturing direct to an external hard drive and not have to pay another $199.00?

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com

David Newman March 31st, 2006 02:45 PM

Make sure you copy the activation username "dannyfye" and the activation code exactly, one extra space or typ-o will prevent an activation. It is best to cut-n-paste from the activation email. We have confirmed on this end that your system code, username and activation code all match (so your software should unlock.) If you if can't still get it to wrok, you need to submit a trouble ticket at http://cineform.com/support

Danny Fye March 31st, 2006 04:09 PM

Cut and paste is exactly what I did and then just for the heck of it I even typed it in. No go!

The original download had expired so I uninstalled it or at least tried to and then installed the new downloaded file and I get an error box titled 'activation code has expired' or something like that and it would reject the code I was trying to put in.

I cannot run the new downloaded file either. It says that it is expired. I read the FAQS and it says that I am suppposed to be able to run the new file that I downloaded after uninstalling the old one. I can't!

Note: When I tried to uninstall the program it asked me for my activation code even then. I can only guess that it actually uninstalled correctly.

I went to your site and tried to use the trouble ticket thing and it rejected my password. So I can't even do that!

So I had no choice but to try here.

So I'm stuck...

Problem may be that the old file might not be completely uninstalling but then since it is asking me to put in a 'activation code' or 'buy now' or 'ok' when I try to uninstall it then I am not sure if it fully and properly uninstalled or not. I hit 'ok' several times before it stops asking me.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com

David Newman March 31st, 2006 04:24 PM

Email support@cineform.com if you can't remember your password.

Danny Fye March 31st, 2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
Email support@cineform.com if you can't remember your password.

I didn't forget my password. It simply won't take it. I even tried the download password for kicks and no go. any password I could have used I tried and no go!!!!

Is your system screwed-up or something?

This is rediculous!

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com

David Newman March 31st, 2006 06:09 PM

It uses the password you gave it when you created the support account. No one else has reported the support site not working.

Fred Foronda May 1st, 2006 12:08 AM

connect hd ??

I'm a Vegas 6C user. I used the trial version and was very impressed by how fast it was to convert the raw m2t to a much friendly file. Made a dvd out of it and was pleased. When I replaced the CFHD file to the origianal m2t, I noticed the transitions have unwanted files (extra frames). In other words I find the frame in accurate from when I did my cuts on the CFHD file. I had to go back in the m2t and cut them out which was very time consuming. Is there a fix to this or am I doing something wrong??

Thanks

David Newman May 1st, 2006 09:14 AM

There is no need to go back to the M2T source files, you will not get any more quality (in some cases you will get lower quality with the M2T files due to their 4:2:0 handling.)

Fred Foronda May 1st, 2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
There is no need to go back to the M2T source files, you will not get any more quality (in some cases you will get lower quality with the M2T files due to their 4:2:0 handling.)

Isn't there a quality loss when printing back to tape with the CFHD file??

David Newman May 1st, 2006 12:35 PM

The is some quality loss in Vegas 6 going to M2T whether the source is M2T or CFHD, you will not be able to tell the difference.

Mark Duckworth May 22nd, 2006 02:15 AM

Problem: Does Connect HD 3.0 do 60i to 24p?

I recently upgraded to Connect HD 3.0. I tried capturing a clip from my A1 to see if it would work. Following the instructions from the pdf the closest I got was an 1080 30p file. Is there something special I have to do to to get 24p? If anyone has any instructions or help that would be great.

Thank you in advance.