DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Connect HD questions. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/41344-connect-hd-questions.html)

David Newman May 22nd, 2006 08:29 AM

To get a 24p-like output from a 60i source, select de-interlace and remove 3-2 pulldown. Did that not work?

Mark Duckworth May 22nd, 2006 06:10 PM

No. That does not work. In the frame rate change (advanced) menu I selected Remove 3:2 pulldown and left the Rate Change box at no change. In the precompression Filters menu I selected De interlace 1080i souces and Resize video to none. Then I captured a clip from my A1, just a plain 1080 60i clip, no cineframe or anything. Vegas shows the clip as 29.970fps interlaced and looks like it to when i play it back in wmp. Do i have to change the frame format from automatic to progressive or something? Thank you for your reply.

David Newman May 22nd, 2006 09:36 PM

It turns out there is a small bug. It does deinterlace and extract pulldown, however it left the frame rate at 29.97 rather than 23.976. It was correct for MXF files, not for M2T files. This is now fixed for M2T and will be released in a update -- likely within the week. In the meantime you install the fixed component to try out you conversions from 60i to 24p from your A1. The file here www.cineform.com/downloads/CFVideoChange.zip needs to be unziped and copied over the old one in C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm. Have fun.

P.S. This patch is only valid for Aspect HD 4.1 build 58 and Connect HD 3.0 build 18.

Mark Duckworth May 23rd, 2006 01:07 AM

Patch worked great. Thank you for your help.

Laurence Kingston June 7th, 2006 07:22 AM

Is it safe to assume that version 3.0.3 already has this fix?

David Newman June 7th, 2006 08:28 AM

Yes, plus a few other fixes.

Laurence Kingston June 8th, 2006 10:45 AM

I just want to say that I am really happy with the quality of the ConnectHD 60i to 24p conversion. To my eyes it is noticably better than either a DVFilm conversion or a Vegas 24p render from 60i. Add to that the the conversion goes pretty quickly and that the file sizes are smaller and put less strain on the CPU and drives, and I think that you have a winner here!

Ben Freedman June 12th, 2006 10:19 AM

Video Podcast with Cineform Connect HD 3.0.3

Howdy....

For anyone interested, I just completed my first podcast shot with Cineform's new Connect HD 3.0.3 version. Previously, we've used version 2, and now we're doing the deinterlace right in Connect (as opposed to doing it in Vegas). Saves some rendering time, which is nice... You can find it here:

http://www.neo-fight.tv

I think the footage is a little sharper than with 2.0, which considering we have to shrink it down to podcast size, is a nice benefit...

Best,

Benjamin

Jon Omiatek June 14th, 2006 11:17 AM

Capture issue with Connect HD

Is it me, or does Connect HD not capture a tape without user interaction. Meaning, if I have a tape that I ran for 60 minutes and it will capture the whole thing. If I have a tape that I stopped the camera every 10 minutes and then recorded again, Connect HD requires me to hit start again after 10 minutes(or everytime to camera was stopped) which is worthless to me, I don't have time to babysit it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

David Newman June 14th, 2006 11:23 AM

It captures and converts whole tapes. If you any other behavor you should file a trouble ticket. We will was that data to make there isn't a particular camera in a particular mode that we have an issue with.

Jon Omiatek June 14th, 2006 11:57 AM

Shot with Sony Z1
Captured with Sony Z1
Using Cineform Connect HD V2.1

When I get some time tomorrow I will contact your technical support to see about the issue.

I am in the process of reinstalling the OS with no extra software to see if something else is causing the issue.

Thanks for the fast response.

Jon

Brian Luce July 16th, 2006 10:01 AM

trial version of cineform connect hd

Is the trial version of connect hd different from the one you buy? any extra features?

also, i'm using the trial version with vegas 5.0. I capture from my hd100 using cineform as a stand alone program--so far it's doing pretty good. Is that how cineform is intended to work with vegas 5? as a separate program? I thought it was a plug in or was supposed to integrate with the vegas interface.

David Taylor July 16th, 2006 03:46 PM

Brian,

The Trial version and the Purchased version are identical.

Yes, Connect HD works standalone from Vegas. It works differently with Aspect HD and Premiere Pro because Premiere gives us an interface that allows us to literally replace the Premiere arithmetic engine with our own. Because of that we work "inside" Premiere, and it's how we get such high performance in Premiere.

Vegas doesn't have that same kind of interface so we work externally. However...we worked with Sony on some codec-specific optimizations that gives Vegas extra performance when using CineForm Intermediate that other apps can't take advantage of.

David Delaney August 16th, 2006 03:05 PM

Anyone using HD connect for high def?

I was curious what people are using for encoding the FX1. I am testing out HD connect, but I wonder how much difference there is between Large file size and MEdium file size as far as quality goes...

Richard Iredale August 17th, 2006 01:00 AM

I got the impression upon reading the help file that there was very little difference in image quality, and a significant difference in file size. I haven't done any image comparisons between the two, but for the moment am happy to stick with the medium setting.