No HDV export with ConnectHD/Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 29th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Tourist

No HDV export with ConnectHD/Vegas?

I downloaded trial versions of Vegas5 and ConnectHD1.6 in hopes of trying out the editing pipeline: Sony Z1U to Vegas, edit, export to Sony Z1U.

From reading other posts here, I guess the trial versions will not let me do that. Am I correct on that point?

If so, is there some other HiDef output that I can try so I can see the finished result before investing in the software? I noticed that Windows Media 9 Hi Def is an option, but reading up on it at the Microsoft site made it look like rocket science!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Duncan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: No HDV export with ConnectHD/Vegas?

<<<-- Originally posted by Duncan Scott : I downloaded trial versions of Vegas5 and ConnectHD1.6 in hopes of trying out the editing pipeline: Sony Z1U to Vegas, edit, export to Sony Z1U.

From reading other posts here, I guess the trial versions will not let me do that. Am I correct on that point?

If so, is there some other HiDef output that I can try so I can see the finished result before investing in the software? I noticed that Windows Media 9 Hi Def is an option, but reading up on it at the Microsoft site made it look like rocket science!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! -->>>

I'm not sure about the trial versions, but I can vouch for the ability of the full versions to write back m2t clips to the FX-1 after editing.

Looked and sounded rather nice too with titles and transitions and dubbed soundtrack....

You won't be able to write WMV9 to anything other than DVD for playback in a computer. There are media players that may be able to handle HD WMV9 via hardwired network... but at the moment your options for HD WMV9 wide scale distribution are limited.

You did capture to the CFHD .avi format didn't you?

If you did, just edit in Vegas, then 'render as' Mainconcept MPEG2, hit the 'custom' button, select HDV as the video type and check that it is transport stream.... then render out your named project... Once done, use ConnectHD's HD Link to export the m2t back to the camcorder....plug in the component connectors from cam to HDTV and enjoy the finished product!!
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:33 AM   #3
Tourist

Steve,

Thanks for the help! I tried editing the way you suggested and a message window popped up which confirmed that the trial ver of Vegas does not allow export in HDV.

Trial ver of Premiere Pro 1.5.1 doesn't seem to allow it either, so I guess I will need to plunk down my $$$$ before I get to do a test run. Thanks again.
Duncan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:05 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: Re: No HDV export with ConnectHD/Vegas?

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Crisdale :
You won't be able to write WMV9 to anything other than DVD for playback in a computer. There are media players that may be able to handle HD WMV9 via hardwired network... but at the moment your options for HD WMV9 wide scale distribution are limited.-->>>

FYI, IO Data's AVEL LinkPlayer 2 (and Buffalo Tech's LinkTheater) both play WMV9 HD files off a DVD data disc (without the aid of a computer).

Our WMV HD files are encoded at 9.2 Mbps and playback just fine on both of those units off a DVD (without a computer).

But yes, WMV9 isn't exactly a wide distribution option yet, but as far as HD DVD formats it is one of your best bets (since it is part of both the HD DVD and the Blu-Ray spec).

Ben

HD Articles and Reviews at HDSource!
http://hdsource.highlydef.com
Ben Buie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase