DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   AspectHD conflict with ConnectHD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/42709-aspecthd-conflict-connecthd.html)

Brandon Miletta April 9th, 2005 05:55 PM

AspectHD conflict with ConnectHD

Hello, about a month or so ago, i downloaded the ConnectHD trial. It expired, then recently i purchased Premiere Pro 1.5, and seeing that my computer cant really handle the capturing with the HD plugin from Adobe, i came to AspectHD because i knew ConnectHD worked. Well when i attempt to capture video from premiere it says "ConnectHD has expired" then gives me the option of activiating, or cancel. At first i hit cancel and thought it was captureing the frames, until it was done and said that nothing had been captured.

I just got the AspectHD trial and i will NOT buy this program if i dont even know its gunna work!!

any ideas?

Rob Lohman April 10th, 2005 06:42 AM

Contact the support people for the program. They should be
able to help you out with this problem. There is nothing we can
do since we did not make those programs.

Steve Crisdale April 10th, 2005 07:03 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : Contact the support people for the program. They should be
able to help you out with this problem. There is nothing we can
do since we did not make those programs. -->>>

Huh?!! Isn't this thread for Cineform software user queries?

As AspectHD and ConnectHD are both Cineform products, I would have thought this was the exact thread Brandon's question should be in......

As he's using the trial versions, he doesn't have the opportunity to get a 'job ticket' for his problem like registered users of the full versions can.

I'd suggest to Brandon, that if he has a 'Restore Point' on his system (assuming it's XP) he may be able to restore to a point before he loaded either of the trial versions.

Otherwise he may just have to make a very thorough registry check for any references to any of the terms that may be associated with both Aspect and Connect, and delete the entries....but that's not a 100% guaranteed method.

Depends on how confident he is with altering the registry...

Rob Lohman April 10th, 2005 07:08 AM

Yes, it is what these forums are for. However, we are not the
manufacturer! We offer these boards to discuss the products
and let everyone help eachother out.

Trial restrictions are specifically coded by a company to get people
to look at a product and evaluate it. If you have problems with
that, you need to contact the company that makes the product.

Neither myself or I bet anyone else can tell you how to get the
trial that doesn't want to work working again, besides the obvious
you pointed out (system restore) or a new installation of Windows
on the current system or a new system (or another computer
that never ran that software before).

He may not be able to open a support ticket, but there is always
a way to contact a company through either e-mail and/or a
contact form. Most companies would be eager to help you resolve
such problems because there is a good chance it will produce a
sale.

I doubt any company will respond directly to such questions (with
a working answer that is) on a public forum. They will probably
tell you to contact them, which is what I was doing as well.

I apologize if I came off sounding harsh, I was just brief and
wanted to point Brandon to the company behind the product.

David Newman April 10th, 2005 10:56 AM

We do support trouble tickets from trail versions of Aspect HD and Connect HD. Brandon, go to www.cineform.com/support -- I would offer an answer here on the forum, unfortunately I haven't heard of this one.

Brandon Miletta April 10th, 2005 01:08 PM

Okay, submitted the Ticket, can someone point me to how i can get rid of the stuff in my registry? I will try and use system restore and go back before i installed the AspectHD trial, but i dont think i will be able to go back to the ConnectHD trial, because i have installed some important things sense then

Steven Gotz April 10th, 2005 05:39 PM

Before you do anything drastic, can you simply uninstall ConnectHD?

Brandon Miletta April 11th, 2005 01:12 PM

Well, i first got rid of 1.5, then (i downloaded the trial for 1.5, then halfway through updated it to 1.6) when i uninstalled 1.6, not everything went away, so when i did delete the rest of it, i re-installed AspectHD and i think it just re-installed ConnectHD.. It looks like AspectHD runs from ConnectHD but i may be wrong

Thad Huston April 11th, 2005 02:52 PM

Uninstall

Brandon,

Probably you have the expired ConnectHD codec still on your system. Heres how to fix your problem

1) Uninstall Aspect HD
2) Uninstall Connect HD
3) In Add/Remove Programs uninstall CineForm HD VFW Codec
4) in C:\Program Files\ be sure that the 'CineForm' Folder is gone. If it is not, delete it.
5) In C:\Program Files\Common Files\ be sure the 'CineForm'
folder is gone.

Reinstall Aspect HD

You should be good to go.

Thad H.
CineForm Support