Cineform and Vegas (all versions) - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #46
Regular Crew

tested with HDVSplit files?

Thank you; I have contacted Sony Support and am awaiting their response.

By the way, have you tested your software using .m2t files generated by HDVSplit 0.75 (a widely used, useful, and free utility from Paviko in Poland) ?
http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

There is nothing "obviously" wrong with the HDV .m2t files recorded by HDVSplit. Editor software such as Vegas 6d and Womble MPEG Video Wizard, and all my video players from Windows Media Player 10 to VLC Media Player 0.8.4a can display them.

But according to another Vegas user, the ConnectHD software (latest version & build) will lock up on m2t files from HDVSplit if they are shorter than a certain length.
See also:
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/for...6913&Replies=4
John Beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
We sell the updated version through Connect HD, yet the free version should not be crashing. This is a good question for Sony tech support.
Sony Tech support sent me a nice note saying I should update my drivers, defrag my hard drive, and use my computer in a cool place.

You refer to a "free version" and I wasn't aware there was any. Is it downloadable from the CineForm web page?
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sorry, "free version" ment the free CineForm VfW codec that ships with Vegas. Connect HD is a commercial product. Sorry Sony support was of so little help.
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #49
Regular Crew

redistributable CineForm codec?

I have a friend with a multimedia PC connected to his 1080i HDTV and he'd like to see some examples of my work in high definition. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD isn't here yet. He doesn't have Vegas. Is there any redistributable version of the CineForm codec (so I could give him a disk with video in Cineform HDV-Intermediate format) or is WMV or MP4/H.264 the only way to do this?
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #50
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You can get a free decode by installing the Connect HD trial, as the decoder components do not expire. Or find the CFDecoder2.ax files (Program Files/Common Files/CineForm/..) and register that on your friends PC. One day we will make this very easy (in the meantime the Connect HD installer is the easiest way.)
Old October 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #51
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

Vegas 7/6 & cineform

i have Vegas 2-7 installed ... connect HD 2

at some point after installing V7 90% of my cineform clips STOPPED playing.
i get mostly red frames in V7/6 or the files cannot be put into TL .. now i noticed this is only on my 2 computers with V7 installed along with connect HD 2 ( laptop and desktop) ... i see sony says to use connect HD 3 with V7 but these files will not play using V6 ( on computers with V7 installed) ...i have no problem playing the cineform clips on my other 2 computers that have V6 installed and no connect HD installed ... so is the problem with V7 & connect HD 2 - if i uninstalled connect HD will i be able to play my cineform clips in V7 or is the problem V7 ?

now i always thought data was data ... i transferred my 2k scans ( from 1394 drive) using cineform codec to a back up drive using laptop with only V6 installed and they play back in V6 ... i then transferred another copy using different computer with V7 installed to internal drives = all those files will not play .. i then transfer those files to a laptop ( v6 installed ) over my network and they will NOT play on the laptop using V6 ... if i transfer the files from the 1394 drive to laptop they play ... if i access the clip on desktop ( that has V7 installed) i cannot play them on laptop with V6 .. now i would assume that it's the same data but it appears that if V7 is installed on a computer that once that data is accessed/transferred thru that computer the files become corrupt ??? no problem transferring/accessing clips between 2 computers that do not have V7 installed ??
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #52
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sounds confusing, simplified - Vegas 7 broke, Connect HD 3.2 fixed the break. Connect HD 3.2 will work on everything. You will need to upgrade older decoders to use newer data, but that has always been the case. Install Connect HD 3.2 on all your PCs to get newer decoders.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase