DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HDLink -- various questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/43083-hdlink-various-questions.html)

Ali Husain August 16th, 2006 04:19 AM

i will put it up somewhere and then email your support the link. thanks!

Ali Husain August 16th, 2006 05:56 AM

what does it mean if there is a purple exclamation point in the corner of the thumbnail for that virtual p2 card in p2 viewer?

p2 viewer plays it fine but it reports the length to be 1hr and 2 mins!

David Newman August 16th, 2006 08:58 AM

I don't know what that P2 Viewer message means, but it could be related to your issue.

Dan Robinson August 22nd, 2006 09:41 AM

Just an update to say that the fix the Cineform techs gave corrected the problem and everything is working fine now.

Many thanks!!

Ben Winter August 22nd, 2006 09:46 AM

Dan, can you tell me what the solution was? I am having a similar problem and this may help me (and possibly others) in my troubleshooting.

David Newman August 22nd, 2006 10:21 AM

If you are trying to mix Connect HD with Premiere Pro, i.e. and not using Aspect HD, this is where the issue arrises. In this case please contact support.

Mark Leonard August 28th, 2006 07:59 PM

hdlink capture to get "filmlike" look...

have aspect hd and would like to know if I can adjust the settings on my capture to get that "film" look. I have the HC3 and shoot in 1080i obviously. are there settings that will adjust the capture so I can do a 24p movie? or do I not use aspect at all for this? btw, i use the pp2, ae7, etc..,

TIA

David Newman August 28th, 2006 08:49 PM

If requestion 3-2 pulldown extraction and deinterlace the software will convert 60i to 24p.

Steven Gotz August 28th, 2006 08:59 PM

As long as you understand that going from 30i to 24p does not actually make anything look more like film. That requires lighting and shooting techniques. Contrary to popular belief, you can't fix everything in post production.

Mark Leonard August 29th, 2006 10:49 AM

thanks David,

so I can use that remove 3-2 pulldown? I dont understand what the stuff in
parentheses means behind it (sony cineframe24 & p2 1080p24). also what does the rate change section do underneath them? I see a 60p to 24p selection.

David Newman August 29th, 2006 11:51 AM

Normal you only do pulldown removal if you have pulldown to remove, the Sony mode CineFrame 24 and the Panasonic p2 1080p24 both have pulldown. Have if you have 60i and use De-interlace, we use the conbination to convert 60i to 24p.

The rate change control is for slow or fast motion. Converting 60p (note you only have 60i) to 24p gives you a 2.5X slowmotion. So you don't want that option. If you want a small amount of slowmotion, for a trippy look, don't use the pulldown removal, instead select de-interlace and rate change for 30p to 24p with "Maintain audio pitch" set on. This will convert your 60i to 24p in a more "interesting" way.

Juan Oropeza August 29th, 2006 04:02 PM

HDLink Capture Colorspace?

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the latest version of HDLink is able to distinguish between itu601 and itu709 colorspace when capturing from the standalone app? Just to be clear, I'm not talking about when capturing within PP 2.0 or any other application in which case you can force prospect hd to work in either colorspace by selecting or deselecting the appriopiate colorspace. The reason for asking is because I have a source that is known to be in the itu601 colorspace and would like to capture it with the HDLink app.

Thanks,
Juan

David Newman August 29th, 2006 04:22 PM

As HDLink is a fully YUV tool, there are no color space issues as we completely preserve the source colorspace. For example JVC HD1 & HD10 uses 601 whereas the HD100 uses 709, both are preversed.

Juan Oropeza August 29th, 2006 04:48 PM

Thanks David! That's the answer I wanted to see!!!

Juan

Mark Leonard August 30th, 2006 08:54 AM

sorry for if these are nub questions but trying to learn more about this great sofware.

so, if I put a checkmark in the remove 3:2 pulldown (not sure how to know if I have pulldown or not). leave the rate change to no change and maintain audio pitch and select de-interlace 1080i. the result will be a 24p video? also should I keep the top selected as a cineform avi or should I edit with a mpeg2.ts file? think I'm gonna buy magic bullet this afternoon as well to help with the "film-like" look I'm shooting for.

thanks so much David, you're very helpful and should be commended for the input that I've seen you post here. especially for us beginners