HDLink -- various questions - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #166
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Vista is still not recommended for direct camera capture via Firewire, there are still device driver issues.
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #167
Regular Crew

Is there hope?

Will this be addressed in future? So is the recommended way to capture from within a PremierePro project?
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #168
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Of course, particularly as Vista usage increases, we will see more bug fixes and features addressing that platform.
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #169
Regular Crew

David,
So I should use the freeware HDVsplit along with the $500 AspectHD program and do it in 2 steps? Yikes.

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #170
Regular Crew

I hope you fix this also

It will work but now I have to manually start playback on the camera then hit start in CF.
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #171
Trustee

Bm Hdlink > Bm Intensity Pro > Cineform

I own the BlackMagic HDLINK. The HDLINK does not offer audio over the HDMI out, but offers analog stereo RCA outputs.

Has anyone tried taking the HDMI out of the HDLINK into a BM Intensity Pro, and taking the analog RCA outs of the HDLINK and using the BM Intensity Pro's analog RCA input connections that are located with the component inputs?

My concern is that the analog inputs that are on the same connector for the component inputs will not work while capturing the HDMI video in on the Intensity Pro.

So, using the BM Intensity Pro, I want to capture video on the HDMI and capture audio on its analog inputs on at the same time, then capture this to Cineform NEO HD.

Is this possible?

I'm not sure if both HDMI, component, and RCA audio are active on the Intensity Pro at the same time.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #172
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thomas View Post
I'm not sure if both HDMI, component, and RCA audio are active on the Intensity Pro at the same time.
I've spoken with Blackmagic regarding the Intensity Pro - I was told no two video in or outputs are active at the same time. They stated you change a setting to tell it where to send/receive, only one at a time. :\

Carl
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #173
Trustee

Thanks Carl.

I wonder if you can tell it to receive audio via the analog RCA connections, and receive video via HDMI at the same time?
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #174
Major Player

I have no idea, sorry. :) Their US number is 408-954-0500... they were pretty quick to respond when I called. I'd call for you, but I'm not yet caffienated this morn ;)

C
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #175
Regular Crew

Yes, you can capture HDMI video and analog audio at the same time to one file using the Intensity pro. All oyu have to do is choose those options in the Intensity control panel.

-Robert
Robert Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #176
Major Player

Robert,

I'm building a system based around the Intensity... how is it accessed via FCP? Through selecting it as an external video device a la Firewire/Cinema Display/Other Options? Or is it automatic (thereby letting me send video out via firewire as well as the Intensity? If so, how is the audio/video sync? :D

This will be my first attempt at building an editing suite, complete with minidv deck, a shared betaSP deck with the current machine, ext DVD burner, 2 monitors, external preview, etc etc..... and I really don't want to screw this up. ;)

Carl
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #177
New Boot

Does HDLink work with OnLocation?

Adobe OnLocation records footage directly to hard disc. Can OnLocation work with HDLink and record directly into the Cineform codec?
Anthony Mwamwenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #178
Major Player

I don't think so - it only captures the native HDV stream. You can convert to CineForm files later with HDLink.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #179
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kennedy View Post
Yes, you can capture HDMI video and analog audio at the same time to one file using the Intensity pro. All oyu have to do is choose those options in the Intensity control panel.

-Robert
Thanks Robert,
So has I'm hoping Cineform NEO HD will work with this configuration mentioned above.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #180
New Boot

Would it make any difference to the quality of the footage if it could record into Cineform directly from the camera? As opposed to converting it to Cineform after it has been recorded.
Anthony Mwamwenda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase