DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   David - CF24 to 24P in next CONNECT HD? When? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/44818-david-cf24-24p-next-connect-hd-when.html)

Ed Szarleta May 18th, 2005 04:19 PM

David - CF24 to 24P in next CONNECT HD? When?

Any idea what this feature will entail and when it's coming out?

David Newman May 18th, 2005 04:25 PM

Very soon, hopefully next week as a full release or public beta. The CF24 to 24p conversion makes that capture mode somewhat useful. Both Aspect HD and Connect HD are being prepped for a new update -- both include special support for CF24 and CF25 modes (converting both to 24p.)

Ed Szarleta May 18th, 2005 09:18 PM

Thanks for the response. Can't wait.

Geoff Murillo May 18th, 2005 09:44 PM

Hi David,

Will the conversion from CF24 and CF25 to 24p still result in a loss of resolution? Or has there been some technological breakthroughs to get around this?

-Geoff Murillo

David Newman May 19th, 2005 09:58 AM

There is no additional loss in resolution in doing the conversion from CF24 or CF25 to 24p. What you are referring to is that the Cineframe modes do have a little less vertical resolution than the interlaced modes. Advanced deinterlacing tools are an option to maintain resolution (DVFilm for example), but for those who prefer the convenience of shooting in a "progressive" mode the new CineForm tools will make it even easier.

Steven White May 19th, 2005 10:23 AM

Hooray!!!

I'm curious... So far I've been quite happy with the performance of Premiere Pro 1.5.1 with just the plugin for editing in terms of performance. Will ConnectHD allow the following:

- Conversion of m2t/mpg CF24 files to 24p Cineform files.
- The editing of 24p Cineform files in Premiere Pro 1.5.1 (without acceleration)
- The editing of 24p, 30p, and 60i Cineform files in After Effects 6.5 (no plugins required... just letting AE recognize and work with them)
- The cutting/pasting of the 24p Cineform PPro 1.5.1 projects into After Effects

If even the first 3, you will have another customer almost immediately!

-Steve

David Newman May 19th, 2005 10:40 AM

Unfortunately Premiere Pro 1.5.1 does support 24p in the HDV editing modes -- it would have been good if it did because then Connect HD would do as you describe. So that will be the sticking point. Aspect HD can run at any of the common frame rates so I hope you can become an Aspect HD customer. Version 3.1 supports all the features you have listed.

Steven White May 19th, 2005 10:53 AM

Hey David

Are you sure I could hack PPro 1.5.1 to do this? If ConnectHD allows full *.avi support for the Cineform codec (as would be required for the AE interaction...?) could I not make a *.avi project (custom as opposed to the preset DV/HDV ones) with 24p and render to the Cineform codec/uncompressed?

Of course, I'll check the demos when the come out to make sure I get the right thing... and dang! Aspect 3.1 will be an awesome product. I've found your company's solutions (even the 1.5.1 plugin) most impressive! Kudos.

-Steve

David Newman May 19th, 2005 11:11 AM

The problem is the HDV mode won't let you create a 24p timeline, only 25 and 29.97 are support in the default 1.5.1 install -- I just tried it.

Thanks for the complements -- we hope to continue on the cutting edge of HDV, HD and Film production tools.

David Newman May 19th, 2005 11:14 PM

Beta Aspect HD v3.1 now available.

Premiere users can now try the new CF24/25 to 24p conversion. This is a beta so there are a couple more items to fix, yet the feature set and experience is already better than AHD 3.0. The verison of Connect HD will be available soon also.