Premiere Pro CS4.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #1
Trustee

Premiere Pro CS4.2

I saw a notice by Adobe that they will be releasing a 4.2 update for PPro in October. It's buried in an article about Premiere/Matrox Axio: http://provideocoalition.com/index.p...dors_with_cs4/
I'm wondering if it will help solve the integration problem with Cineform products.
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Good Lord I really hope so!! Every software package has it's bugs and defects, and Cineform has their own, but by and large it's about the best software out there! If MS OR Adobe gave half the support CF does, we'd all be pretty ecstatic! With the improvements in PHD 4, it'll only take a more stable (64-bit) CS4 to return things to some normalcy and get us really rockin'! (right as my video season is winding down...) Tired of fighting with the software....

thanks for the link! it gives a glimmer of hope...
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Its a fact:-)

"Shucks, I don't get to break the news on anything anymore...

Premiere Pro 4.2 does in fact add AVC-I and offers some additional fixes too. Should be out soon.

Regards,

Dennis"

Adobe Forums: 4.2 update coming...
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Major Player

It'll be really nice if Adobe fixes the Multi-camera latency issue that Adobe introduced in 4.1. Heckuva thing--Cineform works best with 4.1 (in the CS4 world), but Multi-Camera works best in 4.0.1 and is all screwed up in 4.1. argh!
Thanks,
matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Major Player

Looking forward to seeing some speed updates!
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Trustee

I was thinking that because CS4 been out for about a year, that we should be getting CS5 instead but then again it took around a year and a half until CS3 got replaced by CS4.

I’m not sure when I’ll get my next GI Bill payments since I changed over to the new one for this semester but once it comes in, it looks like I’ll be enjoying Premiere Pro CS4.2.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase