Full release version of Aspect HD 3.1 now available. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 26th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Full release version of Aspect HD 3.1 now available.

The beta program went well so we can now annouce the full release of Aspect HD 3.1. There are many new features added between 3.0 and 3.1. Key features are enhanced support for the Sony FX1/Z1's Cineframe modes with optional conversion to 24p during capture (on the fly) and greatly improved capture support for even lower end PCs. There are so many smaller enhancements that I have forgetten most them. Aspect HD 3.1 allows the widest range of PCs to experience real-time of HDV content while maintaining the highest quality.

Download the brand-new Aspect HD 3.1 for trial or upgrade an existing license for free from www.cineform.com. This is recommended for all existing Aspect HD customers.

If you tried Aspect HD in the past (and you are sitting on that fence) please try AHD 3.1 as it renews your 15 day trial period. I hope you will be convinced that this is the best tool for your HDV post-production needs.

Marketing mode off -- and back to engineering.
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

David,

even I cannot resolve the drop-out artifacts (as written in http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=45057) I continue to perform some tests and I realised that chroma issues (those look like bad interlacing) persist even in 3.1 version of AHD. They are less visible but still there. As I've reinstalled whole system I can now use usempeg workaround (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=43382) and there is a big difference.

Here is a sample of native AHD mpeg handling (UseMpeg=0): http://www.intimate.cz/files/hdv/chroma-01.jpg

And here is a sample of Adobe (Mainconcept) one (UseMpeg=1):
http://www.intimate.cz/files/hdv/chroma-02.jpg

Will there be a fix for it?
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You spoiled my nice new thread. :( Are you our mystery shopper? :)

If you read back to my previous post you will see that I asked you to try capturing with CapDVHS to test your capture issues. As no one else has reported this so you should work with tech support to see what in your system can be causing this. Try capturing to a different drive just in case your have a fragmentation issue. The last person who reported anything like this was trying capture to a USB 1.1 drive (he worked it out -- pretty funny really) -- I know this isn't your issue but it is normally something simple in the end.

The deinterlaced chroma issue is still fixed when I test it here and the chroma looks perfect, so no we can't fix it anymore (www.cineform.com/downloads/chromaperfect.png -- shows panning de-interlaced image with no issue using a stock AHD 3.1 install.) If you post your (short) m2t data I will post it back showing that all is fine. That 'useMpeg' hack is no longer needed for that purpose -- although you are welcome to use it if you wish. The images you show look like an odd version of the conversion. So again please follow up with tech support, or if you must, start a new thread on how to correctly deinterlace video and I will happily reply and help you out. These issues aren't inherent in the new Aspect HD 3.1, so we will just need to work through them to get you running smoothly.
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

David,
I'm terribly sorry. I've tried a 3.1 full release a moment ago and chroma stuff dissappears. Now I'm trying to capture entire tape to check those drop-outs (It'll take some time). I really do not want to bother you. I still think Aspect HD is great. I'll delete my previous reply if you wish.
Have a nice day
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No let's not delete any posts, let's use is as a lesson for others. :)

We worked very hard to make Aspect HD 3.1 solid, so I will try not be too sensitive about errored posts. :) Note: If you see drops-out there are likely on the tape.
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
If you tried Aspect HD in the past (and you are sitting on that fence) please try AHD 3.1 as it renews your 15 day trial period.
It didn't renew the trial period for my machine. I do not remember which version I previously tried, but it has been a while.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sorry about that, it was supposed to extrend the trail period. I'll look into that today.
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Kyle, did you download the beta or the version released yesterday of Aspect HD 3.1? All indications here suggest that the trial licensing was extended in the release version of 3.1.
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #9
Major Player

From this link: **** custom link removed **** //moderater change

Like I said before, I'm not sure which version I installed before. It has been uninstalled for a couple months now.
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I removed the direct link as that changes regularly. But you are using the release of Aspect HD 3.1. We will looking why a system may not get an extended trial -- I'll post when I learn more.
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Kyle, will believe the 15-day trial is working as advertised -- we tried upgrading expired PCs here at CineForm without issue. However there maybe problems if you have multiple versions of Premiere installed (or a beta version of Premiere) the new components may not install in the correct location. Uninstall Aspect HD and/or Connect HD, then make sure there are no CineForm components here: ...\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm (if there are delete them.) Re-install and check that they do appear in this location -- if they are going elsewhere simple move them here (and restart Premiere.) Hope this helps.
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #12
Major Player

Ok, that DIR was clear and I'm running Premiere Pro 1.5.1 with no other versions on this machine. Still no go.

I'll try the file on my other machine, but I'm not sure if I ever installed Aspect on there. So testing the trial reset that setup might be pointless.

Since it's working on your side has to be something on this machine. Maybe a file or registry line not being changed or deleted? Either way, I'll try it on my B machine. Thanks for the help.
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #13
Major Player

Just thought I'd mention that I've been working with the AspectHD 3.1 beta this weekend (4 days left on my trial...) on 3 tapes worth of CF24 material.

Capturing? Painless. I set it up for "Large, Progressive, CF24 pull-down removal", went for a bike ride, and came back to fully converted material, with duplicate m2t files.

Pull-down? Gone. Beautifully done too - because when I worked with After Effects to do this in November, I ended up with wonky duplicate frames and other craziness. No such trouble. It's crisp, clean, progressive and 24p (well, as "24p" as CF24 gets anyway).

Editing? Woot! Frame-accurate 24p HD. How good is that? Really good I say. I tried editing the DV files in 1.5.1 and for whatever reason, PPro didn't handle the 2:3 pull-down... but the Cineform pre-set worked like a charm.

Compositing? For fun, I thought I'd see how well the workflow is between After Effects and Premiere. Get this: copy, paste, done. The result?
http://s94963366.onlinehome.us/Eclipse/teaser.jpg

Everything worked exactly the way they said it would. This is an uncommon experience for me - particularly running with Premiere... so I'm totally blown away. To sum it all up in one word: amazing.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2005, 01:37 AM   #14
Regular Crew

I am very impressed with this new version. Even though I am using a low spec pc (2.26 Pentium 4 without HT) I can use HDLink to capture the hdv stream without any artefacts. It is also nice to have it do automatic scene splitting, a feature I have never used in 5 years of editing.
Colvin Eccleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #15
Major Player

From the press release on the Cineform site:

Quote:
can create a 24-frame progressive output file while ingesting footage shot in Sony’s CineFrame modes.
"Ingesting" footage? What an interesting choice of words. I love it. Next time, I propose "masticating" or "gnawing on" the footage... As Shannon would say... *smile*

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase