Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #136
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I believe that the name of the file should be

AspectHDv423b71dl061016.zip or something to that effect.

Is that what you downloaded?
Yup, that's it but both computers list it as a .asp extension. Names says .zip, physical properties say .asp

This is probably only ME again! :)

Mike
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM   #137
Trustee

Just open it with an unzipping program and ignore what your PC thinks it is.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM   #138
Inner Circle

Stand by. I trying again. Went into the advanced setting on download maanger and for some reason it was asigning the .asp to the end of the file. Never been inside there before, so lets see if this works. It did not like something in Cineforms name I guess. Let you know in a minute!

Mike
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #139
Inner Circle

That got it! For some reason the download manager was assigning the first three letters of the file as additional extension. Deleted it and all went well.

If it can happen, it can happen to me.

I would like to talk to you sometime about you work flow with all of this. I upgraded to PPro premium studio a while back and I just got my XLH1 this week. Many changes to be made. I upgraded to v4 Cineform for the scene detect, please tell me it is in there! What are you using for capture? My nice JVC HD deck won't work with the 1080i files of course. Very nice paper weight now!

I need to find a location for a very easy to understand work flow.

Thanks Steven,

Mike
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #140
Regular Crew

Support for the Black Magic Intensity card in Aspect HD?

I am wondering if you plan to support the Black Magic Intensity card in Aspect HD? It would be nice to be able to capture uncompressed streams from the HDMI port with Aspect HD with support for 1920 x 1080 which is available from the HDMI port while simultaneously extracting 24p from the 60i data stream.

If not, have you tested to see if your software can convert the uncompressed AVI files Intensity creates into files that work with Aspect HD. Also, during the conversion, can you extract the 24p information from the 60i AVI file?

This is a link to their product: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity
Dave F. Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #141
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The Intensity card is not available yet. You can bet we will adding support for this new card in some form.
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #142
Regular Crew

geforce 7800 or ati x1800 for aspect?

hey guys I'm building a new pc that will mostly be for capturing my hd footage and will maybe sometimes use it for editing (I have my big pc that I will do 95% of my editing on). anyway I'm tired of having to wait an hour while just capturing footage so I grabbed some old parts laying around to build this machine. here's the specs for the new pc:

asus p5wdg2-ws mb
intel pentiun D 950 (dual core 3.4ghz)
2gig ddr2 corsair ram
300gig western digital (boot)
2x500gig western digital (raid 0 data capture)

now I have an asus 7800 pci-e and a ati x1800 that arent being used so is either better for capturing with aspect hd for editing with either pp2 or vegas 7 (i have both)? and remember that I will sometimes do some editing when the big machine is rendering.

thanks so much, by far one of the best forums I have ever come across :)

Mark
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #143
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Both cards will work fine.
Old December 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #144
Major Player

It's a little bit off-topic, but consider buying Core Duo (Conroe) instead of Pentium D, it is much faster.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #145
Regular Crew

my main editing machine is a core 2 duo 6800. but I cant stand waiting all those hours while just capturing video. the pentium d machine was built out of spare parts that I have mostly for capturing. but I'm having another problem so I'm gonna start another thread for that.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #146
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Both cards will work fine.
I hate to disagree with you but there appears to be a bug in the ATI drivers that will affect Aspect HD in certain configurations. I had 3 different ATI Radeon PCI express cards and it affected all of them, even with older drivers.

It seems to only be an issue when you have an HD monitor hooked up to the component HD out of the ATI. When editing in Premiere the aspect HD plugin seems to kick in to play differently when scrubbing and when previewing. Most users will agree that they notice an ever so slight delay and flicker of there monitors when hitting the spacebar to watch streaming video from the timeline after scrubbing and vice versa.

However with and external HD monitor hooked up, this preview only works. Scrubbing doesn't. And then it does....and then it doesn't. The ATI seems to have a hard time latching onto whatever the aspect HD drivers are doing. All I would get when scrubbing and applying effects was a black screen on the external TV. If I messed around and switched from scrubbing to streaming really fast it would sometimes come back....but only until I hit the space bar and then the preview would pop up but the scrubbing would stop.

I was never able to resolve this. I have a ticket in with Cineform but there has been no resolution.

This supposedly does not affect your HD out if you are using the DVI to HDTV. Only the component out.

Also, all other apps worked fine.....just premiere and aspect were flaky with the ATI. As great as the ATI card was at everything else, I built this machine to be used with Cineform so it had to go. I got an Nvidia card instead and have had no problems.....but do miss the performance. The nvidia seems to have a hard time driving my HD monitor at 1080i without some stuttering. The ATI never even hiccupped.

For now I have to drop the HD out to 720p for smooth playback. I switch it to 1080i for higher resolution color grading and effects work where playback smoothness is not as critical.

Peace!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:31 PM   #147
Major Player

Cineform Aspect After Effects Problem....help!

A couple months ago I downloaded the trial of Aspect HD. It seemed to cause nothing but problems with Premiere, so I had to uninstall it. Premiere works fine, but oddly enough the Cineform presets still show up in my list.

edit: I did a search for "cineform" on my C drive and found the folder of presets was still located in the Premiere folder. I deleted that, and they are now gone.

My big problem is no After Effects won't open!

As soon as I try and open it, I receive this message (see attachment). Upon clicking anything, AE crashes. I can't even move that window without it locking up.

I've uninstalled the software....it doesn't show up in the list in my add/remove programs box...how do I get this out of my system? I can't find any cineform folders in the AE folder, and I have tried reinstalling the software.

I'm not afraid of using regedit if someone can give me a list of what files aspect HD puts in there.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Some questions about Aspect HD-captured.jpg  
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:00 PM   #148
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Somehow you original install was bad as the uninstall typically removes everything. The only components AE may still be using is the CFHDIO.aex module within the AE plugins folder and CFHD.dll within windows/system32. Of course if you install the latest version of Aspect HD will likely find
no more issues. If you want another 15-day trial yet me know.
Old March 6th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #149
Trustee

Cineform's Aspect HD doubts

I just downloaded a trial version of the latest Cineform's Aspect HD for Premiere Pro 2.0 and I simply love it, but I have a couple of doubts before I buy it.

1- I have 2 desktops and one laptop at home. Do I have to buy individual copies for each computer or can I install it on all 3?

2- Lets say I format my hard drive and I have to reinstall every software I have again. Would this generate any problems? (because I would have to activate Aspect HD again, right?).

3- I notice that when I'm color correcting footage or applying effects (magic bullet for instance) I can view the results straight away while I'm doing it without having to wait any time at all...but when I hit play on the timeline the output video does not display the video with the color correction/effects I just applied, it simply plays the original version. I don't know if this is just the trial version or if this is normal on the original version too. Because when I color correct with premiere pro without Aspect Hd I can hit play and view the video with all the color correction/effects I've just done (depending on the effects it may be displayed jumpy, but IT does allow me to play the video with the effects).

Anyway, I don't know if there's anything else I should know. I'm using an AMD dual 64 +3800, 2GB ram, 3 separate HDs, Premiere Pro 2.0, oh and I would be editing 25F from the Canon A1.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:28 AM   #150
Major Player

1. In many experience, for Aspect, yes you'll have to buy individual copies. Although you can install the decoder on all three machines.

2. You simply deactivate the software before you format the hard disk, then it becomes free to activate again on another machine. If the PC dies before you can deactivate (I had two CineForm-equipped units die at the tail-end of last year) then contact CineForm support and they'll help - support from CineForm is generally excellent in my experience.

3. No idea about your specific situation, but that does sound odd. Aspect's effects are real-time, that's one of the reasons why the product is so excellent when it comes to editing. With regards to trial version vs full version, the trial is fully featured and the full version will react in the same way. That said you might like to try reinstalling the trial because what you are describing doesn't sound right to me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase