Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #166
Major Player

Michael,

Aspect HD is really about a few things:

1. Higher visual fidelity for those who use a multi-generation workflow, are doing compositing, keying, or other image manipulation operations. You generally don't want to render back to MPEG.

2. Accelerated editing experience in Premiere Pro. You can do many more layers with CineForm files than with native MPEG editing.

3. Special feature support, such as extracting 24p footage, direct-to-disk capture from HDMI sources.

4. Compatibility with other apps for those who need to move their content around.

Aspect HD does not really accelerate your exports. The main NLE app is in charge of that.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM   #167
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gunn View Post
...I have a 2.6 Ghz Win XP system and was wondering if it would run Aspect HD with Premiere Pro 1.5.1
Yes, I'm running the same configuration. It's perfectly suitable for my requirements.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:24 AM   #168
Major Player

Have you ever worked with Avid? You might find it a little bit restrictive if you are used to the interactive timeline in Adobe Premiere Pro (that's my take on it). I would personally opt for Cineform.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:11 AM   #169
Ruler of the DownUnder UnderWorld

There is the 8 bit Canopus HQ codec as well.
It handles real time colour correction better than Aspect HD.

Aspect HD leaves real bad banding in some shots.
Well it does on our underwater footage...so much so we dumped it.
Paul Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM   #170
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Any banding of 8-bit (yes underwater shots are hard) is cured in the next release of Aspect HD and Connect HD, it was never an issue in Prospect HD. We are rolling in many of the codec enhancement of PHD into the 8-bit products. A lot of updates to be made available in a few weeks time.
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #171
Regular Crew

Aspect HD or Connect HD

I was wondering what the difference was between the two, they seem to serve the same purpouse. Am I understanding this right: so Connect HD is optimized for Vegas and Aspect HD is more of an Adobe Premier Pro friendly plug? So If I get Connect HD right now and have Vegas 7 installed, will it serve the same purpouse as Aspect HD would with Premier Pro? And will Connect HD give Premier Pro a boost in HDV editing capabilities since PP can handle avi's?

Thanks in advance.
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #172
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD includes all the feature of Connect HD, but also includes real-time effects, transitions and a playback engine for Premiere Pro. If you are using Premiere Pro you should be looking at Aspect HD. Aspect HD is 2-3X faster than Connect HD because of the timeline acceleration tools. Connect HD alone doesn't really work well with Premiere.
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #173
Regular Crew

Thanks for the quick and thorough respnse David. I will be looking into Aspect HD, try to get some funds together and go ahead and get it :)
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #174
Regular Crew

Aspect HD suddenly needs re-activating

This evening I've been in an out of HDLink and Premiere pro 2 a few times. Suddenly, whenever I start HDLink or a Cineform project in PPro2 My copy of Aspect HD is asking for activation (i.e. the four buttons appear at the bottom of the splash screen). I now seem to have 15 days left!!

Did I do something wrong? How do I tidy this up?

Alan
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #175
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Contact support to fix this for you. We believe that is a Microsoft automatic update that is messing with our activations on a few PCs.
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #176
Regular Crew

Thanks. Solved by support in a just a few minutes. A simple re-activation using previous codes does the trick.

Curious that I was missing my 'Activate.exe' file though so had to uninstall and re-install first but no hardship there.

Please pass my thanks on to the support team as I can't say thanks to them without re-opening the 'ticket'.

Alan
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #177
Regular Crew

Yep - I had this a couple of times recently too... had to re-activate each time, but fingers crossed it hasn't occured again. Not a big issue, just odd.
Douglas Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #178
Regular Crew

I just had this again and it might just be a coincidense but I suspect not. It occurred this time directly following a crash of Premier Pro 2. You know the abnormal condition and must exit and on restarting you get a 'Copy of <my project>" file open. And I did have one of these the other night too.

If anyone can substantiaite this as more than a coincidence maybe it's worthy of a line or two in a local FAQ???
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #179
Tourist

Cineform Aspect HD - Panasonic AJ-HDX900PE

I recently made some tests using the HVX200 with the trial version Aspect HD using Premiere Pro 2.0, which all worked very well.

I have a shoot coming up and we are thinking of shooting on the Panasonic AJ-HDX900P. I'm considering purchcing Aspect HD for this project.
I'm just trying to get my head around this

1 - will apsect HD support the footage straight of the HDX900?
2 - can I capture directly from the camera via firewire as with the HVX200?
3 - if not and I shoot to a FIRESTORE or bring the footage into premiere pro 2.0 off a hard drive, will aspect HD support the format the HDX900 shoots in?

Thanks
Adam
Adam Lieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #180
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The HDX900 will only work with Prospect HD via HDSDI, we don't support streaming DVCPRO-HD, yet we do support P2 based DVCPRO-HD media. If the FireStore operates like it does with the HXV200, then you can bring that material into HDLink to batch convert it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase