Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #196
Major Player

I reinstalled again. Now all appears to be in place, AND

I'm not getting the EC-ERRORABORT msg on the one large clip I've been working with.

T H A N K S, CineForm!!!
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #197
Major Player

If tech support or these forums don't solve a problem, sometimes it's the touch of "magic" that we sprinkle on our products that does the trick....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #198
Major Player

I can understand and appreciate the use of

such fairy dust. In my mainframe programming days, I'd use some myself from time to time. Good to know it's still available.

Thanks, again.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #199
Regular Crew

Is it not possible to purchase a DVD version of Aspect HD?

Is it not possible to purchase a DVD version of Aspect HD ver 5.0? Or is it solely for download only?
Jim Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:49 AM   #200
Inner Circle

a Disc version is probably available, but would be useless soon, since the updates at Cineform are coming at fast speed.
So you would be obliged to download anyway the latest version update (that is the full product) soon or later.
And the donload is relatively small.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:59 AM   #201
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gunn View Post
Is it not possible to purchase a DVD version of Aspect HD ver 5.0? Or is it solely for download only?
Jim, we have eliminated the CD version of our products.

Giroud, it is for exactly the reason you state. We typically offer updates every few weeks (feature improvements / bug fixes) which renders the CD useless. You can always grab the latest version directly from our website. Our "update" releases are (so far) always full releases, not incremental updates.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:58 AM   #202
Major Player

Aspect HD and Neo Player?

Can these two get along on the same machine?
What about distribution with Cineform HD avi files on CD/DVD?
Thanks,
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:35 AM   #203
Major Player

Aspect HD already has all the NEO components built into it. So there's no point in installing NEO on an Aspect machine. Indeed, there's a strong possibility you might kill off the VFW encoder by doing so as you would be replacing an encoder/decoder with a decoder only.

If you want distribute CineForm files on CD or DVD you can just add the NEO Player code to it too in order for the receiving party to be able to run the AVIs easily.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:18 AM   #204
Major Player

Awesome answer Richard - thanks. In fact I'll further emphasize that you never want to install multiple CineForm products on the same machine as they may likely conflict.

You can use AHD on your machine, then either put NEO Player on your CD or other deliverable as Richard suggests, or simply point people to our website.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM   #205
Major Player

Thanks guys,
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #206
New Boot

Question about uninstalling Aspect 4

After loading the Neo player on my XP machine I was going to update my Aspect v4 to the latest v4.3.1 (Build 76). However when attempting to first uninstall my current version of Aspect HD (as directed) Windows instead took out Neo and apparently the uninst.exe for Aspect as well. Aspect HD remains functional but without automatic uninstall.
My question: what, if any, files should I leave in the directory before manually uninstalling Aspect?
Thanks
Mark Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #207
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Just install the new Aspect HD directly over the top, you will give everything you need that way.
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #208
New Boot

thanks

Thank you, David, for your prompt response. Overwriting the old version worked fine.
Mark Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:03 PM   #209
Regular Crew

Aspect HDV running slow on jacked system... any help?!

I'm a relatively new user of AspectHd - have latest installed on PP2 (latest update). I'm running a quad-core system... 4MB Ram, 0-Raid on capture/scratch/output (600GB Total)... Thus far I have not noted a great difference in HDV-to-SD workflow "Option A" (outputting from timeline to AVI, importing that AVI into a newly created 720:480 project, exporting through Adobe Media Encoder) and "Option B" (direct output from timeline via Adobe Media Encoder to SD 720:480), and thus have been opting for Option B for simplicity [this is for 60i- of course, for 24p only HDLink capture supports 3:2 pulldown...]

QUESTIONS:'
1)What is an expected render time-- right now a nearly 1 hr. project says it's going to take 5 hours;
2) I noted in capture settings, grayed-out area specifying Cineform (etc.)... and "upper field" (also grayed-- odd, b/c that's PAL and my cam is not the PAL version...)- should I then output upper-field first? Should I switch field dominance in tracks for scrubbing/playback? A brief eye-test didn't demonstrate a huge difference.
3) In editing, I'm not getting RT playback with multiple layers and affects without needing to render... at most one layer with a transition-- an example would be cropping, blurring, motion or color correction... would require rendering.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED! THANKS!
Greg Schlueter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM   #210
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sorry, I'm not sure what is happening. You are using a CineForm preset? All capture data should be captured into a CineForm AVI from a CineForm preset within Premiere, or externally captured/converted with HDLink. Only CineForm filters and transitions are real-time, with addition real-time support for dissolves, motion, opacity and graphics/titles layers. On you PC you should be 5+ streams for real-time HD playback. While the manual is a bit odd (new version going online tomorrow or Monday) it will point some of this out. Both CineForm capture within Premiere and HDLink support 3:2 pulldown extraction -- you are missing something there.

1) Render time are primarily depending on Premiere's render engine and the format you are exporting to. MPEG/WMV9 output will be slow, most HD distrubtion exports are. Aspect HD doesn't accelerate exports too much, that would require hardware. There is a minor advantage in not having to decode MPEG, yet the parent application (Premiere) is slow enough on renders that to difference is not major. Aspect HD is designed for a high quality immediate with wide compatibility and accelerated editing.

2) If you capturing HD, the field dominance is known -- all interlace HD sources are top field first. Only exports should you be concerned with field dominance.

3) Operation like crop and blur are not supported in real-time. On the Aspect HD filter and transition folders are real-time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase