Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 9th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #121
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Support can get you a link. And please work through support so we can get to the bottom of why some systems can use the latest version.
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #122
Major Player

Thanks David... I have a ticket submitted and will provide any info I can to help them track down the problem.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #123
Regular Crew

Using Cineform Aspect in After Effects - not as quick as premier

hey all, i recently purchased a sony fx1 and have had no problems with moving up from dv when editing ( in premier pro2) but when using after effects the response time is quite slow. my original post can be found here

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...8&goto=newpost

i was hoping somebody here would be able to help me. For me to be able to scrub through the timeline in a.e i have to drop the quality down to 1/4... is there anyway of speeding up rendering times of hdv in ae?
Stick Tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #124
Regular Crew

I just turned off open gl and it seems to scrub fine now

sorry about that
Stick Tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #125
Major Player

Cineform Aspect HD 4.23 for Adobe Premiere Pro 2 & Canon 25F

I have a questiona bout Aspect HD 4.23 for Adobe Premiere Pro 2 (and 1.5.1) and the PAL version of the Canon XL-H1. I know what Cineform is supporting the Canon 24F mode... but I cannot find information about Canon 25F. I have an European model, so I must be 100% sure that it is supported.

If someone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #126
Major Player

I have one other question: the advantage of Adobe Production Studio is that I can swap files from one program to another without rendering. If I use Cineform Aspect HD... will this remain the same or do I have to render again?
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #127
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You can use the Adobe sharing tools been apps and 25F is supported.
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #128
Major Player

Thanks for the fast response. This is exactly what I wanted to hear! Maybe it can be specified more clearly on your website. That's the first place I looked for the information but it only lists 24F and 30F for Canon.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #129
Major Player

Proper CF Aspect HD > Premier Pro 2.0 Workflow

Can someone that has been doing this for a while please post a successful workflow for capturing from an HDV cam (Sony HC1 in my case) into Premier Pro 2.0 and out to AVI for DVD.

I've had the evaluation copy up for several days and it runs out tomorrow, I have yet to get started on a project due to several issues that have been bugging me which I know have to be my fault but I'm not sure.

1. Capture Process: I've attempted to Capture from Premier using the F5 command and I get video that is jerky at times or has horizonal interlace lines in it on playback to a reference monitor.

I attempted to capture with HDLINK and it stalls after 5 to 7 minutes of a 30 minute capture.

I finally was able to capture using HDVSplit and run HDLink conversions to CF AVI and finally had sucess, I know that someone has to be able to cut out one of these steps and do it faster and easier.

2. Import to Premier and editing: I've been able to get the video into Premier and edit with few to no issues however I see horizonal interlace lines from time to time on clips and I know that they are not there. An example is a shot of a car spinner where the movement is jittery and interlaced, yet when viewed on a reference monitor there is nothing there.

3. Export from Premier to DVD ready file: I've exported the timeline and experimented with Upper fields, lower fields and progressive fields and followed every FAQ that I can find on either here or on the Cineform site and seem to continue to run into poor video quality or interlace lines but never the perfect video that I see others are getting or what I used to get from DV.

So the question, can anyone help with this or am I destined to do a HDV > DV conversion via the camera and edit an SD project and give up on HDV?

System specs:
Dell P380 Workstation / Intel Dual Core 3.46g / 2g Ram
Matrox Parhelia APVe card to 16:9 HDV Monitor
Premier Pro 2.0 / HDVsplit and HDLink from Cineform

Project Specs:
Aspect HD 1440x1080i 60i (CF Installed)
PAR: HD Ana 1080 1.333
Upper Fields First

Export Specs: Per CF FAQ Export2DVD.htm
720 X 480 D1/DV NTSC WS 16:9 1.2
Lower Fields First

HELP!
MIGUEL

Last edited by Miguel Lombana; November 28th, 2006 at 12:24 PM.
Miguel Lombana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #130
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Lombana
I attempted to capture with HDLINK and it stalls after 5 to 7 minutes of a 30 minute capture.
I typically get two or three stalls per 60 minute tape using HDLink. It's a pain, but I think it always manages to stall at a scene break, so I don't lose any material. Adding to my frustration is the file numbering, which starts a new sequence with each restart of HDLink. Cineform is considering an enhancement to file numbering in a future release, but it's very low priority, and may never actually get released.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #131
Trustee

I've captured several jobs using cineform with PPro 1.5.1, no issues. Both on an old Dell 650, and a new BOXX 7400. Using an HC1. Preview is always on the camera and not in PPro. However, clips capture well and zero issues.

Are you using a raid for capture? I have 3 drive scsi 160 on the dell, and 3 drive scsi 320 on the Boxx.

Artifacts such as flicker, slight blurring, etc. during playback while editing are preview buffer issues and do not show up in the final render. Even with a 512mb quadro 3450 card.

I've read about some issues with PPro 2, which is why I did not upgrade PPro. However, I believe cineform is a mature product. I demoed aspect and cut two real jobs on it before it expired. I will finish those jobs with Prospect.

Export at lower fields first? You have an upper field project and your reversing the fields? How are you playing these back? If on a set top DVD player for interlaced, then stick with the original field order as recorded (i.e. Upper). If your going to progressive scan DVD player or PC playback, then deinterlace (as post process) in render.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 12:38 AM   #132
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
I've captured several jobs using cineform with PPro 1.5.1, no issues. Both on an old Dell 650, and a new BOXX 7400. Using an HC1. Preview is always on the camera and not in PPro. However, clips capture well and zero issues.

Are you using a raid for capture? I have 3 drive scsi 160 on the dell, and 3 drive scsi 320 on the Boxx.

Artifacts such as flicker, slight blurring, etc. during playback while editing are preview buffer issues and do not show up in the final render. Even with a 512mb quadro 3450 card.

I've read about some issues with PPro 2, which is why I did not upgrade PPro. However, I believe cineform is a mature product. I demoed aspect and cut two real jobs on it before it expired. I will finish those jobs with Prospect.

Export at lower fields first? You have an upper field project and your reversing the fields? How are you playing these back? If on a set top DVD player for interlaced, then stick with the original field order as recorded (i.e. Upper). If your going to progressive scan DVD player or PC playback, then deinterlace (as post process) in render.
Peter thanks for the help, the system is setup with an 80g system drive and 2 160g 10k rpm drives in a raid-0 for the editing work. I have 1.51 and will see what difference it makes however I've been cutting on 2.0 and really have no pain from it, not sure what you've encountered.

As for the field preference, this is by the FAQ on the Cineform site, I just did another sample export and when played back in media player so that I can output it to the APVe card, there are horizontal lines in the AVI that are NOT there in the project while I'm editing so I am going to call it a night and when I wake up in the AM setup the export with Upper and not Lower and see what happens. I'm not sure about what will happen in the DVD creation process however and that is what has me concerned but I guess that I can now take an Upper and Lower and put them on a disc and see what happens.

Thanks and I'll be in touch.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM   #133
Major Player

I cant seem to get scene detect within PPro2 with prospect to work correctly. And I totally totally agree the numbering is a TOTAL pain!!!!!!!! It has screwed up the orders of my clips a few times.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 01:19 PM   #134
Inner Circle

Help with downloaded file, Aspect HD Upgrade!

I went ahead and upgraded my Aspect HD program to v4, and as ususal nothing goes right with me. I pays my moneys and then my troubles begins. :)

I downloaded the file and it comes in as an .asp file. It has .zip at the end of the name, but both my computers say it is an .asp file and don't know how to open.

Help!

mike
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:26 PM   #135
Trustee

I believe that the name of the file should be

AspectHDv423b71dl061016.zip or something to that effect.

Is that what you downloaded?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase