Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #151
Trustee

Rafael, cineform support's response time is top notch. You can transfer the license at will, and the server responds almost immediately (had a couple times where it took 24hr, otherwise, it was more like a minute).

This license is like the dongle that you never have to carry around or lose, or more like a having a combination lock vs. one requiring a physical key. (You have to get into the habit of remembering to transfer the license).

If you ever run into licensing issues, or something goes amiss on the machine, they can reset the server database so you can reactive the license.

If it wasn't for cineform, I'd have dropped Premiere Pro completely and moved on to something else... something more expensive.
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #152
CTO, CineForm Inc.

1. That was answered a few days ago here : http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=87877 -- you will need at least two licenses for three installations.

2. You can easy move the license with a deactivation.

3. Unfortunately third party filters are not accelaratored by Aspect HD. Aspect HD provides the core RT filters for 99% of most production work. Other filters can be used and scrubbed for preview but they need to be render for output.
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #153
Trustee

Thanks guys. I'm simply amazed by aspect hd. This software is amazing. As soon as I have some cash to spare I will buy it for sure. The footage simply
"flies" on the timeline. It's unbelievable how fast it gets...not only with premiere, but with after effect (which is usually way slower than premiere) everything is so freaking smooth. I love it!
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #154
Regular Crew

Aspect HD and Quicktime files

Has any captured in final Cut to quicktime and used Premiere to edit with Aspect HD. I have a sitution that I am going to be shooting with the JVC HD100. I can not take the camera back to my edit suite so I was going to have the owner of the camera capture the tapes to a harddrive before I left for home 3 hours away. How should he capture the files? Will this work? I guess the other big question if the guy downloaded the Beta for Mac could I then open the files in premiere given that I am using Aspect and the Mac is going to be Prospect product. I think that is right.

Last edited by Matthew Pugerude; March 7th, 2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: need to add something
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #155
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The files generated on the Mac can only open under Prospect HD today. For Aspect HD we will likely offer the MOV to AVI conversion through HDLink.
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #156
Regular Crew

One more question

So can I use HD link for this now or in the future Nevermind I get it not now but in the future
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #157
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you installed QuickTime Alternative (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm) you might be able to convert Mac created CineForm MOVs to AVI using Aspect HD HDlink. That is untested.
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #158
Regular Crew

Is anyone using Aspect HD with Premiere Pro on a P4?

Is anyone getting away with using Aspect HD with Premiere Pro on a P4? I know this represents the very lowest minimum system requirements, but I have a 2.6 Ghz Win XP system and was wondering if it would run Aspect HD with Premiere Pro 1.5.1 that I already have on there assuming my hard drives are fast enough 7200 rpm and with a Gig and a quarter of ram.
Jim Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #159
Trustee

I ran Aspect HD with Premiere Pro 2.0 on a 3GHz P4 up until late last year. So yes, it works. I had run with Premiere Pro 1.5.1 prior to that.
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #160
Wrangler

Same here; I used to run a P4 3.00 with 2GB of RAM. It'll work, but my experience was that even with AspectHD more than a couple of longer tracks started to bog it down. I'm pretty sure a 2.6 will work acceptably if the project doesn't get too complex.

But honestly, getting yourself a Core2 system is a relative bargain and will make life in HD-land so much happier, especially if you do complex projects or any After Effects work!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #161
Trustee

You want to have some fun?

Buy a dual or quad core, add 4GB RAM, a 10K rpm system drive and a RAID0 for video, with one more drive for scratch disks.

Use Aspect HD and it flies like the wind!
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #162
New Boot

CineForm Aspect HD VS. Avid Xpress Pro HD

Hi everyone, I can't decide which HD software I should buy, CineForm Aspect HD or Avid Xpress Pro HD? I'd been working with Adobe Premium Pro 2.0 for a while, and tryied Cineform for few days ( but I didn't get chance to export to see the final video result ).

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Lemeng Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 04:27 AM   #163
Major Player

What is your input source and format?
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #164
New Boot

Hi Bart,

Currently, my footage is Sony FX1 HDV1080i format, in the future I'll probably go for JVC HD200 30P or 50P.

Thanks!
Lemeng Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #165
Regular Crew

Aspect does encoding like Procoder?

Currently using Premiere Pro 2.0 with new system (fast for a notebook, but still a notebook). I'm having serious trouble with exports, everything else seems to work fine with HDV.

If I spring for the Aspect HDV, is this going to help speed up and make my exports work great? Specifically, HDV - Tape and HDV - WM9 HDV or other back up method. Also web video export?

Is Aspect the right tool for this, or do I need to get Canopus ProCoder for this?

If so, is Aspect really only to help me speed up the HDV in the timeline and be able to work with more layers etc? OR is it that in addition to a better coder? Do aspect users often also purchase ProCoder or does Aspect do most of what Procoder does?

Thanks!
Michael
Michael Barrette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase