New beta builds feature Canon 7D support at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Solana Beach, CA
Posts: 112
New beta builds feature Canon 7D support

Hello all,

We've got some new builds ready for you all to get your hands on.

While there are some tweaks here and there, the main feature is 7D support.

We are now correctly reading frame rate information from the source file so that the 24p, 30p, and 60p modes are preserved as they should be.

5D support is effectively the same, and will convert 30.0 fps to 29.97 by default.

Here are the links:

Prospect 4K: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
Prospect HD http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
Neo 4K: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...224-091001.zip
Neo HD: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...224-091001.zip
Neo Scene: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...123-091001.zip
__________________
Tim Bucklin
CineForm Software Engineer
Tim Bucklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Voorheesville, NY
Posts: 433
Prospect HD link broken...
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Solana Beach, CA
Posts: 853
I can't edit Tim's post, but here's the proper link for Prospect HD:

Prospect HD: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vienna/Austria
Posts: 187
Got my 25p back...

Thank you!

Johnnie
__________________
http://www.johnniebehiri.com/
Johnnie Behiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 147
Do you have a Change log of the fixs in the beta or improvements?
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,414
A question for Cineform... I have always used the Prospect 4K to convert my 1440x1080
footage to 1920x1080... so with the new D7 shooting 60P at 1280x720, will Prospect 4K
now upscale the D7 720P60 footage to 1920x1080P60 ??
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
I can't edit Tim's post, but here's the proper link for Prospect HD:

Prospect HD: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
This beta is really looking nice. (And it fixed the HDLink issue I had.)
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Solana Beach, CA
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
A question for Cineform... I have always used the Prospect 4K to convert my 1440x1080
footage to 1920x1080... so with the new D7 shooting 60P at 1280x720, will Prospect 4K
now upscale the D7 720P60 footage to 1920x1080P60 ??
Yes, you are able to scale to 1080p using HDLink during conversion! Only Neo Scene is unable to scale; NeoHD/4K and Prospect products are all capable of doing so.
__________________
Tim Bucklin
CineForm Software Engineer
Tim Bucklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bucklin View Post
Hello all,

We've got some new builds ready for you all to get your hands on.

While there are some tweaks here and there, the main feature is 7D support.

We are now correctly reading frame rate information from the source file so that the 24p, 30p, and 60p modes are preserved as they should be.

5D support is effectively the same, and will convert 30.0 fps to 29.97 by default.

Here are the links:

Prospect 4K: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
Prospect HD http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...224-091001.zip
Neo 4K: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...224-091001.zip
Neo HD: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...224-091001.zip
Neo Scene: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...123-091001.zip
Hi Tim,
Is Cineform supporting PAL? We need 25p or 50p. So far we have been going to 29.97fps for the 5D and it looks a little choppy when we pull it down to 25p. Thanks.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 133
Make a custom preset and you are good to go:-)

Regards
Mikael
Sweden

PS new trailer done with Panasonic HPX171 and Cineform Prospect HD:-)
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #11
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vienna/Austria
Posts: 187
Hi,

No need for custom preset since Cineform has them already.

Thanks,

And my latest Canon 7d 720/50p slow motion test (camera MOV files converted to Cineform AVI's)

__________________
http://www.johnniebehiri.com/
Johnnie Behiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #12
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,498
ok thanks. I'll have a look
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #13
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Satellite Beach, Fl
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Behiri View Post
Hi,

No need for custom preset since Cineform has them already.

Thanks,

And my latest Canon 7d 720/50p slow motion test (camera MOV files converted to Cineform AVI's)

The first day of autumn on Vimeo

That is really nice stuff. Are you editing on PC? If so can you walk me through your work flow?
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #14
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bucklin View Post
We are now correctly reading frame rate information from the source file so that the 24p, 30p, and 60p modes are preserved as they should be.[/url]
does this apply to neo scene's 720 30p issue w/ panasonic AVCHDs?
Ed Kishel is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network