Vegas9b: no compatible codec found at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 7th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas9b: no compatible codec found

This seems to be an unusual problem. Needed to use laptop for an edit and render, and on this machine I have Neo HD v4.0 (latest) and Vegas 9b. On timeline I have a video converted by HDLink from EX1 clip into cineform high. NLE works fine with this until I attempt to render to a new track (or "render as"), which fails with the error message: "no compatible video codec was found". The properties of the clip are identified by Vegas as Cineform codec v5.2.4. Can render to other codecs, such as mpeg and W11. Anyone else experienced this? Know how to fix?
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Serena!

Just to let you know.. I've got exactly the same problem with Vegas 9.0b and Cineform 5.2.4. In my experience the 9.0 series is the buggiest until now so I don't know if Cineform is to "blame" or of it's Vegas fault (which currently wouldn't surprise me).
It doesn't happen always but often and I haven't yet found a workaround (besides using another codec like MJPEG etc.).. but if anyone found a solution I'd be interested as well!

Cheers
-Sören
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Major Player

fixed

Strangely I fixed the problem by changing some parameters among the Cineform render options. Tried changing quality and then tried up converting to 4:4:4, without benefit. Changed from ITB 709 to Video RGB, and fixed! Could then change back to 709 or any other option and everything worked as it should. Maybe the problem was in a Vegas sub directory..... I've no idea.

Last edited by Serena Steuart; October 13th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase