LHi question at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #1
New Boot
LHi question

I've recently switched from a Matrox Axio system to an AJA Xena LHi. Currently I use only AJA drivers with the LHi card. My question is, if I switch to the Cineform drivers (either as a dual-boot or just completely removing the AJA drivers) Do I still get output to, not only to the SDI output, but also the HDMI and component as well? The Cineform site mentions HD-SDI output with Xena cards, but does not get anymore specific. Also, what about the realtime up/down/cross conversion that the LHi is capable of, do the Cineform drivers enable this function?
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Major Player
The HDMI and Analog I/O should work with the Cineform drivers. But I believe all of the scaling and cross conversion is done on the CPU in Cineform projects.
From my tests, I have found that Cineform's drivers are only necessary if you want to CAPTURE HD-SDI directly into Cineform's codec. The standard AJA/Machina drivers allow you to use SDI/HDMI/YUV output from Prospect timelines, while still maintaining all of the standard AJA functionality. If you do need Cineform SDI capture, I highly recommend a dual boot if you ever intend to use any of the native AJA functionality.
For more information on these topics, check out my tech website at www.hd4pc.com
Mike McCarthy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase