DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   1920x1080 60p files from Sanyo VPC-FH1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/465948-1920x1080-60p-files-sanyo-vpc-fh1.html)

Jim Snow October 17th, 2009 05:00 PM

1920x1080 60p files from Sanyo VPC-FH1

Does anyone have any experience with 1920x1080 60p files from Sanyo VPC-FH1? Will Cineform NeoScene convert these files?

Graham Hickling October 17th, 2009 05:57 PM

Are they .mp4 or .mts? Or something else?

Jim Snow October 17th, 2009 08:53 PM

I don't have the camera so I haven't had any hand's on with the files from this camera. The files are MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 however I heard someone make a comment that Sanyo's version of the codec is a little "different". I'm hoping to hear from someone who has actually used the camera.

Graham Hickling October 17th, 2009 09:31 PM

I have a Samsung HMX104 that generates 720p60 MP4 AVC/H.264.

Cineform's HDLink struggles with the footage - I have been able to transcode to CFHD at times, but it gets the framerate wrong and I have to correct that with separate software. I filed a trouble ticket - Cineform says they are waiting on improved AVCHD routines.

The complicating factor I've found is that different machines behave in different ways depending on what other AVC and AC3 codecs and splitters are installed.

Hopefully someone with the Sanyo will respond.

Billy Payn October 19th, 2009 06:46 AM

I have the camera

HI - I have the Sanyo FH1, and was able to transcode the footage using HD link until a couple of Prospect 4k updates ago, now it gives me an error message saying that there is no decoder for it, HD link still transcodes the footage from a Sony AVCHD camera though.
The footage will play natively in PPro CS4 though it would be great to be able to use HD link, in part because I'm having to shoot sometimes with the camera upside down.
The files are mpeg4 avc, and I remember that when I shot some footage using 60fps it was a pain and had to go through two processes - sorry I can't remember what they were now, only that I made a mental note to shoot 30 fps from now on. Nice camera though, now I just need to be able to convert through HD link with a frame rate (30 - 25) change and a 180 flip.
Time to submit a ticket.
Let me know if you want a sample file.
Billy

Jim Snow October 19th, 2009 09:05 AM

Billy, Thank you for the input. I would appreciate a small sample file shot at 1920x1080 60p. I will report what I observe.

Billy Payn October 19th, 2009 03:32 PM

this is 60 fps xacti FH1

Here's a file please let me know what you manage to do with it.
I managed to get HD link to convert this before, not recently though, and it still needed rendering in CS4
Billy

Billy Payn October 19th, 2009 03:42 PM

HI I've tried to attach a file - it's only 42 mb though it's bigger than the attachment manager says is the max, ie it's 1920 1080 if it wont attach, I can transfer it to you via a file share.
Billy

Tim Bucklin October 19th, 2009 06:02 PM

Hi Billy,

Can you use Yousendit to send the file to support@cineform.com?

We'd love to take a look and see what's required to get it converting properly.

Jim Snow October 19th, 2009 06:44 PM

Hi Tim, As usual, you guys are on top of things - - amazing. If you get the file, can you post your observations in this thread? Thanks.

Billy Payn October 20th, 2009 10:51 AM

Hi Guys

you can get a file here;

https://download.yousendit.com/YkxLL0dPd0E3bUJjR0E9PQ

Regards

Billy

Tim Bucklin October 20th, 2009 04:14 PM

Hello all,

It looks as if all you need to do is register the AVCHD decoder which is currently not being registered. It's supposed to load automatically but, for whatever reason, is not doing so.

the file is "mc_dec_avc_ds.ax" and it's in the same folder as HDLink. So, for Neo Scene users:
"[root]\Program Files\CineForm\Neo Scene" (32-bit OS)
"[root]\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Neo Scene" (64-bit OS)

For other Neo and Prospect uses, just replace Neo Scene with your corresponding product.

Double-click on that "mc_dec_avc_ds.ax" and it should register. If it asks which program to open it with, navigate to "[root]\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe"

This should get these files converting properly on your machines. Meanwhile, I'll figure out what's special about this camera's clips that's preventing conversions from working normally.

Dave Haynie October 23rd, 2009 01:47 AM

Yup

The VPC-FH1 produces MPEG-4 files containing AVC and AAC streams. This is not precisely AVCHD, which is an MPEG-2 transport streaming containing AVC and AC-3 streams.

Cineform Neo will convert these just dandy.. I have this camcorder, and have used it. The 1080/60p video comes out a bit over 100GB per hour.

Graham Hickling October 23rd, 2009 11:36 AM

Quote: AVCHD, which is an MPEG-2 transport streaming containing AVC and AC-1 streams.

I thought AVCHD was MPEG4 (H.264 and AC3)?

Dave Haynie October 23rd, 2009 01:22 PM

My Bad

Yeah, SMPTE AC-3... I had VC-1 on the brain, sorry.