DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Export crashes consistently - so far. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/466595-export-crashes-consistently-so-far.html)

Alan Mills October 27th, 2009 03:05 PM

Export crashes consistently - so far.

OK. I upgraded from Aspect HD to Prospect HD a while ago.

As it happens this is my first cineform project on Vista 64, PPro CS4 and Prospect HD. Using latest build and cineform preset HDV 50i.

Finsihed editting ansd attemotping to export now. in fact I've been trying to export all day almost. Consistently crashing my PC. Any known issues with the combination above?

All clips captured from HDV PAL camera. A couple fhave hit AE CS4 and since been exported from there as Cineform AVI and those files dropped onto PPro sequence.

My plan was to take my timeline and export to cineform AVI again so I can use FirstLight to do my colour grading for me. I do like thoise cool tones for this project :)

Consistently crashign about a third throught the export.

Can anyone give me any pointers in diagnosing this issue?

I migth try cutting and pasting the entire tinmeloine into a non coneform sequence and see if that helps.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Mills October 28th, 2009 05:25 AM

An update. Deadline looming so tried the following.

Cut and pasted entire sequence contents into a non cineform sequence (PAL HDV 50i) and attempted to export that.

Curiously, the export worked.

So to recap, export from Cineform preset = consistent full system freeze 100% of the export attempts.
export same content (cineform avi) from standard HDV preset = all ok.

Anyone else witnessing these symptoms on Vista 64bit with CS4 using the new presets?

I will reserve full judgement to when the real time engine is released but for right now, unless anyone can offer some clues, I'm concerned that upgrading to Prosepct HD (from Aspect HD) for CS4 has gained me nothing but system crashes. A shame because my experience of Aspect HD was always positive.

Mikael Bergstrom October 28th, 2009 07:38 AM

I have the same problem but only when I use Bullet Looks 1.2 on my clips. This is happening on two computers one with CS3.2 with i7 920 with 6Gb ram and ATI 4870 and and one with CS4.1 i7 920 with 12Gb ram and ATI 5870?

Both with Vista64 Ultimate

The timeline is 17min long and we can only render out 30% of this timeline?

We use beta 4.12 Prospect HD and beta 4.10

Strange?

Roger Averdahl October 28th, 2009 11:44 AM

Mikael, i forgot it earlier:
In Premiere Pro, go to Edit > Preferences > General and make sure that Optimize rendering for is set to Memory instead of Performance.

You must restart Premiere Pro for the changes to take effect. In this case i am not sure that it will work, but is it worth trying. What happened, can you export the whole Timeline now? :)

Giroud Francois October 28th, 2009 12:01 PM

usually when my premiere CS3 crash at export, i quit the project , delete all the temporary files created for the project and restart CS3.

Mikael Bergstrom October 28th, 2009 02:00 PM

Thanks Roger, to sad I tried that:-(

I have no problem to render my timeline without the Bullet Looks effect?

I hade to render in 2min chunk's and then rebuild the timeline with these files and render again to get a full film?

Alan Mills October 29th, 2009 09:34 AM

I'll also try that preference change and see if it makes a difference. Curious though. That sounds like a PPro preference and I only have trouble in a Cineform preset.

Roger Averdahl October 29th, 2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Bergstrom (Post 1439253)
Thanks Roger, to sad I tried that:-(

Yes, i was afraid that it was not going to help in this case...

Alan Mills November 10th, 2009 04:12 AM

I think an apology is due here so sorry Cineform. I suspect that my original tone was a little accusing due to frustrations getting this project out.

Curiously, I'd only encountered the issue when exporting a Cineform preset sequence with Media Encoder CS4 and so assumed it was a Cineform issue.

Well, I can't say I'm any nearer a solution but I have experienced the same issue now, a full Vista 64 bit freeze, when exporting from a standard HDV preset sequence. The assets are cineform avi's though so there may be apossibility of an outstanding conflict, not sure.

Short version of recap. Bought quad core, 8gB, Vista 64 bit machine for the purpose of video editting with CS4 last October. Upgraded Aspect HD to Prospect HD for the job. For personal reasons did not do any video until recently so only just encountered these problems.

Over the last year I've had freezes playing video tutorials over the net but put that down to Quicktime not being accredited for 64bit Windows.

Beginning to think now it is more of a Vista issue. Just google "vista freeze video" and see how much trouble is out there.

presumably some sort of driver conflict so my new question is how can I go about diagnosing the real problem here? Any PC gurus can give me a line of attack? Have updated video drivers and run a memory check and removed anything 'Apple' just to see. All to no avail.

Alternatively, assuming it's Vista and not some undiagnosed h/w problem, can I reasonably expect things to go better with Windows 7?