Neoscene coding 5D2 files to 3,333,333.333 fps at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Tourist

Neoscene coding 5D2 files to 3,333,333.333 fps

Howdy,

New to video. Searched the forum for a similar problem to no avail.

Using newest version Neoscene on a Vista 64 machine. Neoscene appears to be converting my 5D2 MOV files into avi files just fine but Vegas (as well as the Windows property panel) tells me that the frame rate is not 29.97 fps but 3,333,333.333 fps (yikes!). The file will load into the Vegas time line just fine but it acts as if it is indeed a clip shot at 3 million fps (e.g. a 47 second clip is recognized as being a couple seconds long). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Neoscene. Didn't help. Perhaps oddly, the avi clip will play just fine thru the DivX media player.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks a million! (or should that be "Thanks 3,333,333.333"?)

Cheers!
Joe McCabe
Joe McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Tourist

Update

Well, it seems that this is what happens when you don't have Quicktime installed on your machine. Now that's embarrassing...

I'd also like to thank the Cineform support folks for their prompt reply to my trouble ticket.

Newbie out.

Last edited by Joe McCabe; October 30th, 2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Thumbs up to the Cineform support staff.
Joe McCabe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase