NeoScene question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Major Player

NeoScene question

Is the version sold by Videoguys the same as the more expensive version sold elsewhere? Or is it an older version?
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It is the same. What you are buying is the activation code for the Neo Scene software that you download directly from CineForm.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks! That's good to know.
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

How can they sell it for $30 less than the actual company? Do you not get cineform's famous tech support if you buy this cheaper activation? There must be some catch right? Otherwise why would anyone buy it from cineform?
Shawn Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #5
Major Player

I'm guessing because they have bought 100s/1000s of copies they were offered a discount and can offer that to the customer.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Cineform is delivered via download, so you always get the very latest version.

There is no catch, we're just one of their top partners. They provide us with a great deal that we pass along to our customers. We also promote Cineform in bundles with hardware and software.

Gary
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi,
I just bought Neoscene from Videoguys, but I haven't received anything except a mail with my order info and my payment.
Any idea what to do ? Will they send me something else ? and when can I expect it, because I'm in need for it.
Bart Wierzbicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Three days after my order was placed, I received an email with my serial number, download, and activation information. After installing the software and performing their online activation, I received my activation key in another email reply.

You'll just have to wait a few days for them to process your order and obtain a serial number.
John Quandt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase