PHD PP and camera shake - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:41 AM   #16
Major Player

Mocha has our vote as well. It's saved our skins and rescued some almost impossible shots. Like Robert mentioned, the tracking info export to AE for complex stuff has allowed us to do some nice stuff.

It's certainly worth a very serious look. Like all pro level tools, it's curve is a little higher, but then again...so are the results!
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Trustee

Bruce
Any of the motion stabilization processes will soften the image, but Mocha, with its high end tracking, creates less softening than Mercalli, or the AE tracker.
As I mentioned, once the stabilized clip is on the timeline, you can apply the unsharp mask filter in PPro and the image sharpens up to very, very near the original detail.
The 10 bit CFHD.avi provides the data headroom to get away with this magic.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:31 PM   #18
Major Player

The only problem that I've run into with Mocha and blur is when the blur is not consistent from frame to frame. This seems to happen on particularly "unruly" shots. Sometimes fiddling with the settings in Mocha or using an alternate planar surface fixes this problem. But for most stabilizing jobs, the combination of Mocha and Cineform is truly magical.

The 64 bit version of Mocha will be released at about the same time as Adobe CS5. With more physical RAM available, this should help with tracking and stabilizing full HD and higher clips.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #19
Major Player

Ok thanks everyone!! Most of the shake I am talking about is just from holding the camera. Sometime a little movement or a short walk cause more shak then i would like.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase