DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CS5 in April (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/472918-cs5-april.html)

Tom Santopolo February 15th, 2010 01:58 PM

CS5 in April

I just found this on the Web;
Adobe To Release CS5 Suite on April 10th 2010
They are saying CS5 will be released April 10th 2010! I wonder if the Cineform's real-time engine will be released to????

David Chapman February 15th, 2010 04:16 PM

Tom, someone is blogging about another third party's guess based on previous years of Adobe's product cycle that somehow April 10 is a good day. That article came from another blog on cs5.org, which is actually another third party having and claiming to have nothing to do with Adobe itself.

Adobe is actually releasing before that date. Mark your calendars: 04.01.10

David Taylor February 15th, 2010 04:34 PM

We can't comment about release or ship dates for Adobe products, but we do anticipate being ready on Windows for CS5 when Adobe ships.

David Chapman February 15th, 2010 04:41 PM

David, can you tell me if my date is correct? With a straight face?

Tim Kolb February 15th, 2010 05:56 PM

Verifying, correcting, or even hinting at an Adobe release date is a serious breach of protocol when you have knowledge of it for purposes of development or other business association with Adobe.

Anyone who claims to know and releases it is either guessing, or in breach of some agreement with Adobe, or has a friend that is one of those.

There are lots of educated guesses out there that are simply pointing to what has become about an 18 month cycle, but anyone who answers your question with a "straight face" who isn't an Adobe employee doesn't have the right to do so.

David has already stated that he can make no comment on Adobe's planned release date. That seems clear enough to me.

David Chapman February 15th, 2010 06:01 PM

Tim, read my release date speculation again.

Marty Baggen February 15th, 2010 06:04 PM

Just render something in CS4..... CS5 will probably be shipping by the time it's done.

I think David's date is perfect!

Tim Kolb February 15th, 2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Chapman (Post 1486546)
Tim, read my release date speculation again.

ooops...sorry. Scanning through forums too quickly leads you to miss all the punchlines...

Stephen Armour February 15th, 2010 06:30 PM

Sounds like a bunch of April foolishness to me. May it be June. I say that with a straight face.

Tom Santopolo February 15th, 2010 06:48 PM

Sorry about that - I didn't realize it was just a speculation. Doesn't seem to far off since there are lot's of demonstrations out for Photoshop CS5 and Premiere CS5 (mercury real-time engine).

Pete Bauer February 15th, 2010 08:07 PM

This thread is a great demo of why we don't encourage rumors and speculation at DVinfo.