DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm Neo3D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/473887-cineform-neo3d.html)

Daniel Grixti March 1st, 2010 04:44 PM

CineForm Neo3D

Hi there,

I just need a little help getting to grips with this program if anyone can assist?

I just downloaded the trial version of CineForm Neo3D and am having problems working out how to use it (even though it looks so simple)!

I have been shooting on two Canon 7Ds as part of a makeshift 3D rig. I have my footage for left eye and right eye and have worked out how to seperate a single image into red and cyan creating a bit of a flat 3D effect. What I can't work out is how to use my left camera for the left eye (and hue accordingly) and my right camera for my right eye (and hue...).

I would really appreciate some help on this one.

Thanks

David Newman March 1st, 2010 05:22 PM

I need help with your question.

1) What platform are you on?
2) Have the converted to CineForm AVIs (MOVs for Mac)?
3) Have you multiplexed the L & R clips in First Light after correct temporal differences?
4) Do you can stereo CineForm files playback back in First Light?

Daniel Grixti March 1st, 2010 09:38 PM

Hi there,

I am running Windows XP.

I have converted my original HDV .mov, h.264 files from my Canon 7D to .avi files with the CineForm codec.

I just realised I need to Mux the files and this is the stage I am now stuck at. I chose my left cam for the left eye, right cam for the right, and set the destination for the mux file in the same project folder with my footage in (have also tried on the desktop). When I drag it into Firstlight it doesnt recognise the file? I get the error message "Could not load metadata. The file "C:\....avi" is not a valid CineForm File, is corrupted, or needs a CFRepair upgrade. The mux file has also caused my explorer to crash a couple of times (I have a quad core 2.6, 4gig ram etc...)?

So I can't get the stero CineForm files to play back in FirstLight. I can get the original CineForm converted AVI files to play on their own but nothing stereo. (Just to clarify: you Multiplex (Mux) two files to create a stereo video file correct?).

Thanks for the help!

David Newman March 1st, 2010 09:54 PM

Try this.

1) Convert your source again, make sure you have "Smart Render" set within HDLink (this an really good idea for 3D sources.)
2) Import Left and Right clips in First Light under Neo 3D.
3) Set you sync point for Left eye, find clapper shut or other unique frame a click "set" below the timecode window.
4) Set your sync point for the Right eye, also click "right eye" to flag this clip (not needed but helps the next step.)
5) Select your two clips in the Clip Library and press Ctrl+M to open the 3D Muxer window.
6) Click "Add to Queue"
7) Click "Start Queue"

When done import the resulting 3D AVI back into First Light.

If any of these steps don't work contact support, as something is missing from your setup.

David Taylor March 1st, 2010 11:46 PM

Neo3D has a PDF manual that is installed when the SW is installed. It walks you through the process of creating CineForm files in some detail. I recommend you start there. Following are Tech Notes you can also take a look at:

Active Metadata Overview: Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive CineForm Active Metadata? – Technology Overview
3D (Stereo) Processing Overview: Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive CineForm Stereo (3D) Workflow Overview
First Light 3D Workflow Tutorial and Stereo Multiplexing: See First Light manual included with the download for Prospect3D
3D Test Footage for Experiments (Gator): Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive 3D CineForm Test Footage Posted (Gator)
3D Test Footage (Extreme Sports) for 3D Editing Experiments (75 seconds): Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive 3D Content Available – 75 seconds of Extreme Sports

David Newman March 2nd, 2010 09:40 PM

I just posted a video tutorial to demonstrate the 3D muxing procedure.

Neo 3D Tutorial -- Muxing 2D CineForm clips for 3D. - CineForm on Vimeo