Post House for Cineform Files - at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Post House for Cineform Files -

Can anyone recommend a good post house that would be able to convert 720p (59.94fps) cineform (avi) for output to HDCAM SR, NTSC SPBetacam or Digibetacam. I need to supply deliverables to a cable network.

It's been requested that the program master be textless and graphics free except for opening and closing credits. Audio configuration shall be: Track 1: full mix stereo left; Track 2: full mix stereo right; Track 3: narration, V/O's, stand-ups, interviews, NAT sound, background noise: anything constituting primary and secondary audio; Track 4: music (mixed to mono) and added effects only.

The other question I have is how exactly can I prepare multichannel output like this for a post house? Does anyone have any experiance with them taking PP project files or is there another method? There is a possibility that I can suplly a hard drive to a network but again not sure exactly how this would need to be formated. Thanks for any help -
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

FotoKem is doing a lot with CineForm media, but so are many of the big facilities now.
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey, Rich. I just went through a simlar situation for a VOD deal. I used Fotokem in Burbank, CA. FotoKem - Home.

I was able to send them a hard drive with a Cineform 720p24 (23.976) file for a digibeta dub. They handled the whole thing with great communication and cool heads. They took my file and imported it into FCP for output to digibeta.

We ran into a little issue with their Mac recognizing the file at the wrong frame rate (never got a straight answer about the problem) but they found a work around and got it to my distribution company on time.

I didn't have to deal with the multiple audio tracks you have to, but I've done it in the past. My suggestion is to ask the post facility how they want it so it's done right the first time. What I've done (different post house) is output each individual track you need separately as a single wav file labeled accordingly (track 1, track 2, etc.). Drop those on the same hard drive and they assemble the audio in their post system. But I'd still ask how they want it. It will save the headaches.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the info David, it's good to hear more post houses are accepting Cineform.
Chad - Great tips, these were my initial thoughts also, I will follow up with them - thanks.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase