DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New CineForm release now available. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/474722-new-cineform-release-now-available.html)

David Newman March 13th, 2010 01:07 PM

New CineForm release now available.

Got to www.cineform.com click on support/downloads.

There where a couple minor change since the last beta, so worth the update for all PC users.

NeoScene is now v1.6
Everything else is now v4.3

Stephen Armour March 14th, 2010 07:31 AM

David, why is the "Timecode base" in FL,, in the CineForm Passive Metadata always set to 24?
I've tried using converted I-frame only material (30), but it only reads 24.

Also, the timecode was taken from the source output's "Source Time", right? So why is camera original material (converted HDV from V1) zeroed out, yet mastered CF output from Premiere using the current local system time? Is that a design decision?

I'm just trying to understand what's going on here.

David Newman March 14th, 2010 10:05 AM

Nothing new here.. It has nothing to do with FirstLight, rather HDlink, is it placing a new timecode in you converted files. For HDV sources direct from tape, HDlink does not support timecode. There is better support for timecode from file based sources within HDlink. Have you been discussing this with support or only here? Always best to report to support to get the bug logged.

Stephen Armour March 14th, 2010 01:25 PM

Just confirming that they are bugs before I report them, in case I wasn't understanding something about them. But if they are, I'll report them as such.

Either way, file-based output or HDV tape converts, they are showing incorrectly in FL, so I guess that would quality them as "bugs"? If the tool can't interpret or show them correctly, they're certainly in that category.

I haven't heard back from support and yes, I did report it to them.

David Newman March 14th, 2010 02:01 PM

But don't confuse support claiming it is First Light bug, as it isn't. Simply timecode is not supported from you camera and the guessed timecode has the wrong frame rate -- two separate HDLink issues of only the second can be fix (and the first is a feature request.)

Stephen Armour March 14th, 2010 06:52 PM

Now I'm back to confused. I somehow understood from your previous posts, that converting older CF AVI's to "new" CF AVI's via HDLink (as I-frame only), would fix the TC as interpreted by FL, so that it would properly read it. So now it's actually the lack of CF support (in a tiny area) for Sony V1 cams?

Does that also include any new CF AVI's output from PP, (or is that only if it is set to "recompress" on output)? Guess my understanding of the processes involved is just too vague. Since we also generate CF output via AE, it would seem it would also fall under the same category, yet none of the above is interpreted as timecode base 30, or as 30 fps in FL.

Please help my denseness, but is the problem then in the inability of the CF codec itself to outputs video from either HDLink, AE or PP (from V1 cameras) in a format FL properly interprets (and so has to guess)?

Don't just bash me, David, educate me and I'll stop pestering you on this! Lay it out clearly. We're retiring our tired old V1's, but I am truly trying to understand what is actually happening in FL. I am trying to take advantage of a small feature there, that could be a real help in some situations, but it simply doesn't work with anything we've tried...and the real reasons why are just not clear to me.

David Newman March 14th, 2010 08:55 PM

Work with support. HDLink doesn't support HDV timecode, it never did, yet it should generate new timecode at the correct frame rate for PAL sources, that is the only bug, it is not more complex than that.

Danny O'Neill March 15th, 2010 10:21 AM

Is it me or does 1.60 not seem to be converting anything.

I had 1.52 installed before (pre-release due to some other issue) which converted 7D 25p files fine along with converting my m2t files from my FX1 OK. But just installed 1.60 and I hit start and nothing happens, freezes. Same happens to a demo version installed in a virtual machine.

Hannu Korpinen March 15th, 2010 10:29 AM

I did try the new update but it crashes DVLink.exe every time when trying to convert.
Time to go back to old version...

David Newman March 15th, 2010 11:07 AM

Report all failures to support, we need to know if there is a small install error, or a missing system component etc.

David Dwyer March 15th, 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannu Korpinen (Post 1499835)
I did try the new update but it crashes DVLink.exe every time when trying to convert.
Time to go back to old version...

I had that as well - Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked.

John Cline March 15th, 2010 09:26 PM

I have gone to the downloads page for the last few days and requested an update link four different times, no email has arrived (and it's not in my spam folder.) I'm certain that I put in the correct information.

EDIT: Nevermind, my web hosting "service" has screwed up my e-mail server and completely lost two days worth of my business e-mail. Don't EVER host a web site with Namesecure.com

Laurence Kingston March 15th, 2010 09:32 PM

I had to uninstall and reinstall as well.

Hannu Korpinen March 16th, 2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Dwyer (Post 1499950)
I had that as well - Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked.

Thanks David,
that helped me too. Now program is working again.

-Hannu

Danny O'Neill March 17th, 2010 07:46 AM

I shall give the re-install a go.