DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Prospect HD and Aja Xena Lhi (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/475211-prospect-hd-aja-xena-lhi.html)

Alex Lafkovici March 20th, 2010 11:24 AM

Prospect HD and Aja Xena Lhi

Hi,

I'm currently trying out Cineform Prospect HD with my Aja Xena Lhi card and Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.

I just have a question:

- If I'm capturing 1920x1080 HD-SDI with the cineform codec in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, how can I set the Aja Xena card to output a downconverted SD NTSC signal from it's SDI output port?

I know with the Aja drivers you can do this, but I'm not familiar how to do this with the cineform drivers... Please help :-)

David Newman March 20th, 2010 11:34 AM

Prospect does not support the down-conversion function of the AJA hardware.

Alex Lafkovici March 20th, 2010 11:52 AM

Wow.. too bad.

What's happening is that I'm thinking of using the following workflow in a live-recording situation:

Video mixer board HD-SDI output to computer with Aja Xena, Premiere Pro CS3, and Cineform recording onto hard drive in HD.

Output of Aja Xena card to another computer that is doing live-streaming over the net - this is why I needed that downconverted SD NTSC signal, which the Xena card can do natively on its own hardware, if only we could control it.

-Does prospect HD give any control over the Xena output? Can the Xena output the same HD-SDI video that is coming in?

-And another question, how does "First light" work? Can it color correct the video that I am capturing in Premiere Pro, then output it from the Xena output?

This is my first time trying Prospect HD, I'd like to use it, but I'm just becoming familiar with how I can work with it..

David Newman March 20th, 2010 12:02 PM

You might be able to use AJA control panel to do with the Retail drivers and capture with Prospect, yet I've never tried that.

"-And another question, how does "First light" work? Can it color correct the video that I am capturing in Premiere Pro, then output it from the Xena output?"

Live? No.

Alex Lafkovici March 20th, 2010 12:33 PM

Thanks for clearing everything up Dave.

-So I should try re-installing the Aja Xena driver package (over the cineform prospect drivers which I currently have installed) and then see if it works? -- I'll try this.

And just another quick question:

-I can't seem to get HD-link to work and capture from my Xena card, I'm seeing --"No video capture devices available right now". I managed to make the capture work in Premiere Pro CS3 by setting the proper "Capture Settings".. how come it's not working in HD-link?

Thanks so much

David Newman March 20th, 2010 10:47 PM

To make HDLink work with AJA cards, register this file
...\Program Files\CineForm\AJAIO\AJACaptureFilter.ax

use regsvr32.exe

Tim Kolb March 21st, 2010 12:17 PM

Traditionally, you'd need either the AJA retail drivers OR the CineForm OEM AJA Drivers in the machine. In the past, they've typically conflicted with each other.

I run a dual-boot system to run CineForm/AJA on one system and AJA Retail on the other...

David Newman March 21st, 2010 12:27 PM

Tim,

Many are no longer finding that.

Tim Kolb March 21st, 2010 08:15 PM

This is good news. it's been some time since i tried both together, does it seem to matter which is installed first?

Do all the presets exist together? I assume that we are talking about CS3?

(this week I'll be undergoing a mass reconfigure on my main workstation...new FC interface, display card, OS... Do they play together well under Windows 7?)

Thanks David

David Newman March 21st, 2010 08:51 PM

Just install AJA drivers and both AJA and Prospect HD editing components.