DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   No audio in Vegas Pro 9 (Neo Scene files) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/475409-no-audio-vegas-pro-9-neo-scene-files.html)

Per Kristensen March 23rd, 2010 10:20 AM

No audio in Vegas Pro 9 (Neo Scene files)

I converted some test AVCHD files from my Sony TG3e using Neo Scene. I just installed AC3filter because before there was no audio at all. Now I have audio when playing the AVI files in MPC. To my surprise it my reciever even shows it keeps the 5.1 audio on files that has that(I thought this would be downsampled to stereo by Neo Scene?).

Anyway when I drag one of the converted files to the timeline i Vegas 9, there is no audio? The original file works fine in Vegas.

Any ideas as to why Vegas dont see the audio track?

Zulqar Cheema March 23rd, 2010 10:33 AM

are trying to drag and AC3 audio file onto the timeline, if so Vegas renders them but does not play them.

damm you Vegas.......

Sigmund Reboquio March 23rd, 2010 10:38 AM

Sony vegas 9 has a gray gui, so the timeline in your audio might be muted.

please try unmuting the timeline maybe it will work

David Newman March 23rd, 2010 12:17 PM

Per, NeoScene doesn't directly down sample the audio, yet you should have AC3Filter do that, otherwise many tools will not be able to read the audio. 5.1 audio is not common in an AVI file.

Per Kristensen March 24th, 2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulqar Cheema (Post 1504167)
are trying to drag and AC3 audio file onto the timeline, if so Vegas renders them but does not play them.

damm you Vegas.......

No I am dragging an cineform AVI with 5.1 audio to the timeline.

Per Kristensen March 24th, 2010 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigmund Reboquio (Post 1504168)
Sony vegas 9 has a gray gui, so the timeline in your audio might be muted.

please try unmuting the timeline maybe it will work

Thanks, but this is not the problem. When I drag the original .mts file I clearly se the audio track.

Per Kristensen March 24th, 2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1504223)
Per, NeoScene doesn't directly down sample the audio, yet you should have AC3Filter do that, otherwise many tools will not be able to read the audio. 5.1 audio is not common in an AVI file.

I am not sure what you are saying. I have set AC3filter to use SPDIF output since it has taken over AC3 playback in Media Player Classic. Should this be changed when converting with Neo Scene?

David Newman March 24th, 2010 09:07 AM

NeoScene does very little with audio. The AC3Filter allows you to set stereo mixdown as the default -- set that.

Per Kristensen March 24th, 2010 11:14 AM

Ok I turned of SPDIF in AC3filter and it finally worked!

I am now wondering if I should record in 5.1 or just stereo. I have seen comments about the 5.1 recordings sounding quite good, but if I will be downmixing to stereo I would think it would be best to record in stereo from the get-go?

David Newman March 24th, 2010 11:17 AM

Surround on camera makes no sense to me -- surround sound is always a post production effect -- it is added to cameras for marketing reasons primarily.

Brad Higerd March 31st, 2010 07:59 PM

Same Problem - Need Solution

David,

I just purchased Neo Scene, and I have no audio (sound or visual) out of any clips converted from AVCHD to Cineform's codec. I installed AC3Filter, and following what I could of your explanation, I still can't get any audio out of the Cineform files. Ironically, the properties of the Cineform files show an audio stream exists, I just can't seem to get to it in Vegas 9.

What should I do?

Brad

David Newman March 31st, 2010 08:08 PM

Contact support, AC3Filter is all that is needed. It must be installed before conversions.

Support Center

Per Kristensen March 31st, 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Higerd (Post 1508268)
David,

I just purchased Neo Scene, and I have no audio (sound or visual) out of any clips converted from AVCHD to Cineform's codec. I installed AC3Filter, and following what I could of your explanation, I still can't get any audio out of the Cineform files. Ironically, the properties of the Cineform files show an audio stream exists, I just can't seem to get to it in Vegas 9.

What should I do?

Brad

Have you set the "Output format" to "2/0 - stereo" on the first page of AC3filter?

Also on the system fan make sure "Use AC3Filter for:" are checked in all boxes.

Brad Higerd April 1st, 2010 05:27 AM

Ummmmmmmm...

AC3Filter must be installed BEFORE conversions...

Then I'll be needing to get back to you. And thanks in advance for what I hope is the solution!

Brad

(Seeing as you've answered this question, can you tell me why my motorcycle speedo stopped working?)

Brad Higerd April 1st, 2010 08:46 PM

: )

RESOLVED! Thanks David (& Per)!

But what, no answer on why my motorcycle speedo stopped working? ...Guess 1 for 2 is good enough. Thanks again!

Brad