Software installation order? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Trustee

Software installation order?

We have been using Aspect HD with Adobee Premiere for a few years. We built a new fast pc, and upgraded to CS4. In addtiuton to capturing hdv tapes, we've also been using the Canon 7D, for which we purchased Neoscene , which we're happy with.

Here's our problem-
As per your instructions, we installed Aspect HD first, then Adobee Premiere CS4. After we installed Cs4, we find no Cineform project prests ( like those in CS3) in cs4. Therefor, we can't capture or import Cineform clips into CS4.

If Aspect is problmeatic and if Prospect ( or Neo HD?) would definately work, we would go one of those routes. We also emailed Jake with this same info.

We are seriously backed up with two large projects and need to get our system working. It would be graet if we could also speak to someone by phone, since we've been bogged down for several days.
Thanks again for your help.

Bruce Yarock

yarcock@aol.com
954-430-1616
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

"we installed Aspect HD first"...
hey , the setup of aspect is supposed to find the plugin folder of Premiere to install his stuff in it. No premiere, no install. Sounds logic no ?
reinstall aspect over premiere, it should work .
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I may be really wrong about this, but I thought we were always supposed to install all Cineform products AFTER we install Premiere....

EDIT: D'oh! Giroud beat me to it...

Last edited by Adam Gold; March 25th, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Trustee

We got an email from Jake at Cineform, which solved our problem. The issue was that Aspect HD doesn't work with cs4, so we downloaded a trial version of Prospect HD and now it's working.

What I don't know is whether I need to install Neoscene on that computer ( for transcoding my 7d clips) or whether Prospect has neoscene all ready in it.

Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Well, yeah, there is that whole CS4/Aspect thing....

But I still think you're supposed to install Premiere first. Curiously, I just spent ten minutes over at the Cineform website and can't find any basic info on how to install or run Cineform products. You'd think there'd at least be a manual for download on their support home page, but no.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...-premiere.html
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Major Player

Along the lines of what you are saying Adam.... I wish there were some details as to what all the additional installs and scripts (register components, etc) do and when they should be utilized.

If instructions for those exist, I haven't discovered them.

Seems like a simple readme file with the install would solve it.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I think there actually is a readme with the install, but it seems to me this is a little like having the owners' manual for your car become available only after you are on the highway.

A downloadable manual seems like a fairly logical thing to have available.
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Trustee

I would never help anyone who posted a topic labelled like this one. Suppose one of your customers lodged a complaint by placing a permanent billboard in front of your business?
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

Paul's right. Not only that, but "David Newman- We need help" is an ambiguous thread title that says nothing specific. I'm changing it now.

Edit: went with "Software installation order?" as the new thread title.

Please, please, please avoid ambiguous thread titles on DV Info Net. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase