DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Bug with Cineform histograms and Vegas Red Frames (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/476124-bug-cineform-histograms-vegas-red-frames.html)

James Campbell April 3rd, 2010 06:28 AM

Bug with Cineform histograms and Vegas Red Frames

Is anyone else experiencing problems with First Light histograms showing up without the Metadata on? I don't even have First Light (I have NeoScene), but random Cineform histograms are showing up on events in my Vegas timeline. I have a ticket going with Cineform, but I was wondering if anyone else was encountering this. It seems to have a relationship with the red frame issue. When I pasted the event into a new veg, the histogram disappeared. Then, when I switched back to the original veg and then back to the new veg again, the histogram re-appeared and it also had a red frame on it. I'm wondering if it's due to an older video file; I captured the file about 3 years ago with an earlier version of Neo HDV, and now I'm using NeoScene.

System: Windows 7 64bit, Vegas 9C, 12 GB RAM, i7.

David Newman April 3rd, 2010 10:06 AM

Going in the CineForm sys-tray "C" icon, and right click, go the "Active Metadata" and turn off tools. The red frame issue is a Vegas thing, general not related to CineForm as it happens with other codec also.

James Campbell April 3rd, 2010 11:12 AM

David,
I've been going a couple rounds with your tech support on this; I've done that, I've removed all traces of Cineform products and then re-installed, and still, 1-2 new events show up in this timeline with First Light histograms. It's the weirdest thing.

I just opened up a veg today (1 hour, 20 minute timeline of a documentary I've been working on for 3 years). All of the Cineform Metadata options were unchecked. A 10 second video event that never had a histogram on it showed up with a histogram. I pasted only that event into a new veg, and the histogram disappeared. I went back to my original veg, then right back to this new veg. The histogram had re-appeared, and additionally, now there was also a red frame in the veg. I'm not indicating that the histogram is linked to the red frame, but there is definitely a problem with Vegas and loading events, and somehow this veg/file has linked the First Light histogram into that problem.

David Newman April 3rd, 2010 11:59 AM

We technically don't know how this is possible, as the histogram is global, and not applied to just some clips. The file with the flag that enables the histogram is often located here.
C:\Users\Public\CineForm\override.colr
If you remove CineFormActiveMetadataSTatusViewer.exe from Startup, and Quit the "c" systray icon, you can delete this file. But I have feel this will not solve the issue, and support will need to see the file that does it.

James Campbell April 3rd, 2010 02:24 PM

You're right... I deleted the file you mentioned with no change in the histogram. I rendered out two Cineform avi's: 1) the event that contains the histogram and 2) I pasted the event into a new veg, the histogram disappeared (but now it has a red frame in the timeline), and I rendered this event also. I can provide links to download the files if you want me to email them directly to you or to send the information via my current support ticket at Cineform.

David Newman April 3rd, 2010 02:52 PM

Send the files and follow up with your support ticket, as that sound pretty odd.