DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HELP !! Re-Installing Prospect after Win 7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/476777-help-re-installing-prospect-after-win-7-a.html)

Paul Kepen April 14th, 2010 12:08 AM

HELP !! Re-Installing Prospect after Win 7

I recently upgraded my old computer with a new "C:" drive and Windows 7 Professional - 64bit. Prospect and CS# are on the "G:" drive. When trying to reinstall and Activate ProspectHD 3.4.0.174 I get a different System Code from the one I use to get when my machine was running XP. Entering my serial number and old activation code results in an error. My computer is a 5 years old AMD Athalon X2 machine.

I purchased the upgrade to Prospect 4 last year. I have been waiting to build new hardware for that and Adobe CS4 (which is sitting in the box). My work has taken me abroad for long periods in the last 6 month, so I'm a bit behind on things. I see CS5 is about to come out. I would like to get my old computer up and running with Win 7 and re-familiarize myself with CS3 and learn Windows 7. I purchased an Intel i-860 system and will be putting that together in the next month or so. That one I plan to clean install CS4 and Prospect 4, leaving my current system for Internet and Home Theater duties. Is this possible? What do I do?
Thank You.

Sincerely, Paul Kepen

Marty Baggen April 14th, 2010 07:41 AM

Hi Paul.... did you deactivate your Cineform software prior to dismantling your old configuration? Or do you have both drives, and your previous Cineform installation is still active on another drive?

Usually you can have two activations. Do you have another activation on a laptop or something that can be deactivated thus clearing the way for your workstation?

Couldn't discern that from your post.

You'll like Win7 64-bit.

I had a similar issue and the guys at Cineform helped me with my activiation. It was handled via their trouble ticket system. Your disadvantage at this point is that I'm sure they are mostly at NAB.

Any chance you can run in Trial Mode for the interim?

Paul Kepen April 15th, 2010 12:02 AM

Hi Marty,
No I did not deactivate my old installation. My Win XP OS became more and more unstable, and then it wouldn't even boot up. I was suspicious that maybe my almost 5 year old 500g IDE drive was wearing out. That drive was dual partition to C: drive and F; drive. I threw in a new 500g IDE drive, hooked it up as the primary IDE and installed Win 7. That was a month ago, and I have never had any trouble accessing or reading my old drive (now labeled B instead of C partition - F partition is still F drive in the new Win 7 config). Cineform Prospect was on the G: drive (a separate 500g IDE drive). I made no changes to its location or files, other then using the install routine to re-install to the same location G\Cineform\ProspectHD. I also have 4 250g SATA drives in this machine configured as the I: drive in a RAID 10 ( gives 500g with speed advantage of Raid 0 + backup protection of Raid5. This is the drive I use for capture, etc. All video editing software including Prospect are on the G: drive.
I suppose I should file a "ticket with Cineform, but when I was on their web site last night, their format had changed and I didn't see/couldn't fine where to do that at. When I clicked support it took me to a SALES only support/info page.
Thanks for your help and any further insight you may have. Take Care - PK

Marty Baggen April 15th, 2010 06:59 AM

I haven't seen the revamped site at Cineform lately, but I would encourage you to go the trouble ticket route and be sure to summarize your process. It's not uncommon at all and based on my experience, the Cineform crew has been there to rescue me on more than one occasion.

Since you didn't deactivate, you must have two active versions of the software. Maybe a previous install that you didn't activate as well?

Get into the Cineform support loop and I think you'll be taken care of.