HDLink - Deinterlace at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 21st, 2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Major Player

HDLink - Deinterlace

I've got a feeling I've messed up and I need some help. I have 2 cameras; both Sony (HVR-Z1E- 1080i and HVR-CX105E also 1080i )

I used HDlink to convert the footage from my Z1e, I set it to resize the footage from 1440*1080 to 1920*1080 and to deinterlace it.

Okay the CX105E records at 1920*1080i

Cue days of editing and I've come yo export my footage to DVD and Blu-Ray and I forgot about deinterlacing the footage. If I export it to DVD will it look rubbish because there is mixed footage.

CX105E = HDR-CX105E (HDRCX105E) : Overview : Cameras & camcorders : Sony
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Trustee

Probably you are OK for Blu Ray. 1920 BR is interlaced anyway. The transcode to BR format will just reinterlace your progressive Z footage & likely look fine.
DVD could be more of a problem. The progressive footage will downscale to DVD nicely, but the interlaced HD footage may show alias artifact when directly downscaled to DVD. Might be worth the trouble to export your project to a Cineform 720x480 widescreen.avi 30 (25)p file, then transcode that SD.avi to DVD.
Or, it could look fine just as you have it :)
Good luck
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM   #3
Major Player

Okay I have source files so I can get all the footage in the same rates but having a little troubles.

So I can see my captured file from HDlink is interlaced; fine great!(Z1E) But I need to resize the footage to 1920*1080 to suite the CX-105E

Is my CFHD converted file interlaced? I can't tell?
Attached Thumbnails
HDLink - Deinterlace-cf-master.jpg   HDLink - Deinterlace-cfhd-converted-file.jpg  

HDLink - Deinterlace-convert.jpg  
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Did you check your file with G-spot?

John Rich
John Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Major Player

No I used MediaInfo. Remind me not to google g-spot in work without thinking twice!

I'll download that when I get home.
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Major Player

No software will be able to tell for certain whether an AVI video file contains interlaced frames or not. You have to use your own eyes and a viewer that doesn't deinterlace. GSpot won't do it.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase