DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   What I meant to say: Vegas 9d & Cineform... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/477644-what-i-meant-say-vegas-9d-cineform.html)

Laurence Kingston April 26th, 2010 10:52 AM

What I meant to say: Vegas 9d & Cineform...

Vegas 9d seems to have horrendous performance with the latest version of Cineform. I just reverted back to 9c and performance is back to normal.

What I'm talking about is unresponsive timelines, inability to drag more than a clip or two to a timeline at once, extremely slow load times, etc.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Chris Barcellos April 26th, 2010 12:10 PM

Before starting to drag files to time line, are you waiting for the imported material to be logged in (green progress line at bottom) ?

I have ran a couple of tests with Cineform converted 5D files, and have had no problem, after the slower than normal loading of the project.

Laurence Kingston April 26th, 2010 02:15 PM

How many Cineform clips did you have on the timeline? I find the problems not too noticeable with a small number of clips. Stick 30 or so Cineform clips on the timeline and the performance deteriorates dramatically. I ran into this problem, did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Vegas 9d with the same problem. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall of 9c and everything is fine again (except of course for the other 9c problems).

Ed Kishel April 26th, 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston (Post 1519808)
How many Cineform clips did you have on the timeline? I find the problems not too noticeable with a small number of clips. Stick 30 or so Cineform clips on the timeline and the performance deteriorates dramatically. I ran into this problem, did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Vegas 9d with the same problem. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall of 9c and everything is fine again (except of course for the other 9c problems).

I am having the exact same problem- I submitted a ticket to Cineform and the tech was able to re-produce the problem. However I was told that it's Sony issue, and that they are aware of the problem and to wait for a fix. This is too bad- it's the first time I have had a upgrade to Vegas cause such a problem. Updates have always gone so smoothly. I have also submitted a ticket to Sony, but no response yet.

There are alot of "fixes" being reported, things like: hold ctrl+shift while clicking on Vegas, the 'ol uninstall reinstall, replace the aviplug.dll file with the one from 9.0c....none of these things have worked for me. Luckily I have PPro CS4 on my machine as I wait for a new 9.0d. I just wish Sony would mention something about it on their own forums at SCS. Just to make it official they know about it and working on a fix.