DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Intensity Shuttle (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/477750-intensity-shuttle.html)

Peter Moretti April 28th, 2010 01:57 AM

Intensity Shuttle

Intensity Shuttle is coming out w/ a USB 3 interface. I would think Intensity Pro's PCI Express is better, although it requires a workstation instead of a laptop.

Any reason, to go with Shuttle over Pro for CineForm NeoHD capture besides that USB 3 can work with some laptops?

Also, are there still sometimes audio sync issues w/ Intensity capture, or have these been ironed out?

Thanks much!

Tom Santopolo May 6th, 2010 01:54 PM

I believe the shuttle requires an X58 motherboard. It requires 2 PCI Express 2.0 lanes that run at 16X each. One for your video card and one for your USB3 card. The X58 based motherboards are the only ones that have 2 of them that run at 16X each. I am not sure there is a laptop out at this point that can run the shuttle.

Here is the manufactures requirements:
Installation: USB 3.0. Requires x58 based computer or better with a USB 3.0 connection. Does not support USB 2.0 capture and playback. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.

Also check this out:
Re: USB3 for new Blackmagic Products : Blackmagic Design

Peter Moretti May 10th, 2010 01:39 AM

Tom, thanks so much for that info!

Martin Rahn May 10th, 2010 03:57 AM

Intensity Shuttle

[QUOTE=Tom Santopolo;1523969]I believe the shuttle requires an X58 motherboard. It requires 2 PCI Express 2.0 lanes that run at 16X each. One for your video card and one for your USB3 card. The X58 based motherboards are the only ones that have 2 of them that run at 16X each. I am not sure there is a laptop out at this point that can run the shuttle.

Here is the manufactures requirements:
Installation: USB 3.0. Requires x58 based computer or better with a USB 3.0 connection. Does not support USB 2.0 capture and playback. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.

UNQUOTE]

Some new x58 motherboards support USB 3.0 natively and do not require a special card. I just built a system with an x58 mobo with USB 3.0 built in--no card required.

Martin Rahn

Tom Santopolo May 10th, 2010 06:21 AM

Yes I know. But I am not sure if even those are fast enough. The chips are still under development, It appears the unit needs the full speed of USB3. Matrox doesn't really list any compatible motherboards or devices with USB3 built in.

Ben Denham November 6th, 2010 07:40 PM

From Black Magic Support FAQ

"Can I use a USB 3.0 ExpressCard in my Mac or Windows notebook?

ExpressCards for notebooks are not supported and will not work. The bandwidth they currently support is not suitable for Intensity Shuttle, UltraStudio Pro or Pocket UltraScope."

Blackmagic Design: Support Detail