Will Prospect 4 work with Premiere CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Will Prospect 4 work with Premiere CS5

I just downloaded Premiere Pro CS5 on my workstation and need to know if I should install PHD 4.0.?

Have not tied anything yet but ready to play with a little mercury , New PNY Nvdia Quadro card, and some fast xeon quad core processors.
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Looks like Neo4K is your ProspectHD path

I just realized what all the posts about Neo are....and saw on Cineform's site that Neo4K is the free upgrade from ProspectHD and thus be CS5 ready. That's certainly what I am also looking at. The only question in my mind now is whether to wait for an Nvidia "Fermi" based Quadro card [Siggraph July perhaps] or go with an existing card. [Its Quadro for me since I plan to learn to do AutoCad...in my spare time!].
Don Blish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes and No. Yes in that your changes in FirstLight will be reflected in Premiere CS5. No in that there are no Presets in CS5 to start with, so you are stuck with creating your own project.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Major Player

With Prospect 4, CS5 will only use the 64 bit version of the Video for Windows Cineform Codec.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Major Player

All Prospect v4 customers will get a free upgrade to Neo v5. It's our way of acknowledging that the CS4 experience was sub-par from a CineForm standpoint due to problems we encountered that were not possible to workaround.

Neo v5 will have presets available. They are just not in the beta we posted for Neo3D v5 last week.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #6
Major Player

:)

Hi David,

Though I was one of the frustrated customers during the CS4 era, I must say Cineform is being very generous by giving us Prospect v4 users free upgrades.

Thanks again. Your customer support is why I am sticking with Cineform.

I can't wait to try out the beta version!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Regular Crew

How soon before the beta?
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase