DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo3D v5 out in public beta (Mac and PC.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/477923-neo3d-v5-out-public-beta-mac-pc.html)

David Newman April 30th, 2010 07:02 PM

Neo3D v5 out in public beta (Mac and PC.)

Read more info on the techblog here : Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive Neo3D v5.0 (Mac and Win) Beta Releases Available

These is so much in this one it will take a while to create the readme of changes.

NeoScene/HD/4K v5.0 will be out for beta next week.

David H. Wilson April 30th, 2010 07:08 PM

Thank you Davids - brave new world.

David H. Wilson April 30th, 2010 07:41 PM

I have CS5 and Neo3D v5 installed and working like a charm.

The new FirstLight seems beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you again.

David Newman April 30th, 2010 08:04 PM

Wow! Thanks nice feedback so early -- and I'm sure you haven't discovered half of the new enhancements. Plus we didn't consider this beta finished (well we never do that, as any product can always be improved) but that are a couple of extra performance tweaks we hope to do for the official 5.0 (if not then 5.0.1 a few weeks later)

Did you find this in CS5: right clicking bin clip, and selecting "Source Setting..." brings up FirstLight on that clip (even if the clip wasn't in your FL project?)

David H. Wilson May 1st, 2010 01:46 AM

I sense there are countless new capabilities I haven't yet discovered. Source Setting to get to the clip in FirstLight is excellent... and Ghost Busting !?!! Thanks again - the future came so fast, I wasn't prepared.

Mike Harvey May 1st, 2010 11:34 PM

So I have the CS5 trial installed along with the Cineform Neo v5 beta. Five layers of video, all but the bottom layer have effects, and all also have been scaled to do Picture in Picture. NO supported video card. Vista 64, 8 gigs of RAM, and my CPU is an Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4 GHz... so it's not the latest or greatest or particularly fast.

Butter. Absolutely butter. It's not until a little ways into it that there is any noticeable slowdown playing back realtime, but it's not that bad... especially considering the number of layers and effects.

However, when tried to see how long it would take to render that out, it gave me an odd error message halfway through the render and crashed. I'm going to assume its a bug in the Cineform beta... unfortunately, I didn't think to write it down.

In any event, I'm almost scare to see what a newer i7 and a supported card can do. I have to say in the little bit I played with it, I was impressed... right until it crashed =/

Marty Baggen May 2nd, 2010 09:11 AM

I'm a bit confused on the versions of Neo. Mike, are you running Neo3D?

Coming from ProspectHD.... is the Neo3D beta inclusive of what we'll see with Neo 5, or should I await the beta release of it?

The product comparison grid at the Cineform website isn't clear to me.

Mike Harvey May 2nd, 2010 09:30 AM

Yeah, the only beta available is Neo3D, but it has all the features of the other versions.

David Newman May 2nd, 2010 09:55 AM

Marty,

The Prospect product line is going way, but many of its features are merging into Neo. We haven't put the old Prospect CS2/3 support into Neo yet, but it will happen for the full release.

Marty Baggen May 2nd, 2010 01:09 PM

I know that Prospect is now legacy and the Neo 5 upgrade is what is on deck, but what I am confused about is what is the difference between Neo3D 5 and the upcoming Neo 5?

As a ProspectHD customer waiting on Neo 5, does it do me any good to install Neo3D 5 and test with CS5?

David Newman May 2nd, 2010 05:46 PM

Neo3D v5 and Neo4K v5 (what you will be upgraded to) are very similar, so if you don;t want to wait a few more days, use the Neo3D trail as it has the CS5 support added.

Marty Baggen May 2nd, 2010 06:23 PM

Thanks David.

I will deactivate and uninstall Prospect.

Thank you for getting back with the info.... as always, appreciated very much.

David Newman May 2nd, 2010 06:31 PM

Never de-activate, unless you are moving systems. Uninstall is all that is recommended when switching products.

Marty Baggen May 2nd, 2010 06:44 PM

D-oh! I knew that... I swear I did.

Thanks David!

Marty Baggen May 3rd, 2010 07:48 PM

I'm running the CS5 trial and now the Neo3D trial.

Under Cineform presets, Neo3D appears to only offer 24fps (23.976). Is that really the case, or is there some way to utilize 29.97?

Also, HDLink offers no conversion options from 29.97fps except to 25fps.

Existing clips (encoded with ProspectHD) @ 29.97 and imported into a @23.976fps project don't play smoothly.

It seems to be a "can't get there from here" scenario so fas as trying to test out some Cineform clips in CS5 while awaiting Neo V5.