A New Day For a Skeptic - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Inner Circle

You guys are too funny! I have four projects to get out by the end of next week and then... I will have gone over to the dark side and ordered CS5.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #17
Major Player

Marty, you and Robert are in cahoots to drag our screaming bodies into the future!

I confess I like the idea of a smooth HD (2K, 4K included) and powerful editing/production experience. Since we have 4 workstations to upgrade to this new CS5 rocketship, it's a pretty hefty bundle for us to get all on the same page.

Added to that, is the need for 2 new cams, and our American/Brazilian national launch-offs for our new TETELESTAI series. Since we do all our own work from end to end, we're hammering out a new website and eCommerce site too, to handle the whole thing. Truth is, we just haven't had the time or resources yet to make the CS5 switch.

We'll get there when the dust starts to settle a bit and we have a few min to breathe.

In the meantime, I'm still watching carefully for any signs of "cutting edger bleeding"...
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Okay, I give! I just pulled the pin on my CS5 order and I guess it'll be here next week....

Now, about that free upgrade from PHD4 to the new Neo5....
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #19
Trustee

Stephen
Honestly, given that you are doing all the many things you are doing, then whatever you are using must be working- I can't imagine any big rush to make all of these changes.
But, you will eventually end up there & I'm betting that you will be pleased with the results :)
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #20
Major Player

Robert, I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of where we're at.

Many thanks again to CF for keeping people like us in mind when they build in backwards compatibility to their products. I'm sure we're not alone in taking our time updating. Production environments do lend themselves well to radical, quick changes!

You guys keep us posted on what you're seeing with this new stuff and we'll be all set when we finally take the plunge.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase