Neo Family v5 Upgrade strategy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Neo Family v5 Upgrade strategy

We should be live by Friday with Neo Family v5 on Windows. We'll probably lag on Mac by up to a week.

We have posted the upgrade policy on our Tech Blog here: Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive Neo Family v5 Upgrade Policy.

I wanted to let everybody know that if you remain a Prospect HD v3 customer it is a good ideal to upgrade to v4 by Thursday for $199. That will get you a free upgrade to Neo4K v5 when we take the links live on Friday.

For those of you already on PHD/P4K v4 we will turn on the request for your new (free) Neo4K S/N Friday. In the mean time continue to use Neo in trial mode.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

David... I got a question...

I'm presently on Windows XP running Prospect 4K... I pulled the hard drive and I'm in the process of converting all of my software over to Windows 7 64 on a new hard drive... this new hard drive has
CS5 on it....

So, I'm installing and working the bugs out on the new hard drive... like soundblaster probs and stuff like
that..

the question is... how do I keep Prospect 4K on the old drive that I swap in and out with the new drive
that I'm slowly but surely getting set up in a 64 bit mode with CS5 at the same time with Cineform V5...

Both hard drives are to stay on the same workstation.
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

David,

You stated "We'll probably lag on Mac by up to a week." I was under the impression that Mac support was a couple plus months away? I'm a previous Aspect HD user with a blunt question. Right now it seems I can upgrade to V4 from Aspect HD. Would it be prudent to do so before Thursday? I do wish to get into Neo HD V5 but will lag entry into upgrade CS5 for a short while. I dol not have desire to run Neo V4 on CS4 (no point) but would not want to miss upgrade opportunity.Please advise.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Ray,

The upgrade to Neo4K v5 doesn't force you to first deactivate your existing P4K v4. So...you can keep P4K v4 activated on the hard drive you're phasing out while you have Neo4K v5 activated on the new hard drive. Does this solve the problem?

If the hard drives are ultimately on the same system you'll probably want to uninstall P4K at some point because N4K v5 has all of P4K v4 inside it. They can't coexist on the system at the same time on the same boot.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Raymond,

Ah yes, I added some confusion. We will have NeoHD/4K for Mac available about a week behind Win...but the CS5 support as part of NeoHD/4K Mac is a couple months off. So think of the early NeoHD/4K Mac support as mostly for FCP.

Regarding your upgrade strategy, you can upgrade by Thursday from AHD to PHD v4 for $250. That will get you a further upgrade to Neo4K for free on Friday, so you essentially upgraded from AHD to Neo4K v5 for $250. That's a pretty good deal and would be the way I'd suggest you go.

If you wait to upgrade later, for (roughly) the same price you could upgrade to NeoHD from AHD, but you won't get Neo4K as part of it. Ultimately it's about whether you can afford the upgrade now versus waiting, and the different level of Neo that you'll get as a result.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks David,

Good answer to a blunt question.
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Ahd

Hi!
Do i understand right,i own aspect hd...but to move on i need neo hd and upgrade path 350$??
As i remember aspect to prospect was 250$...additional 100 goes for version upgrade??

Regards

Raul
Raul Rooma is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase