DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Settings for 5Dmk2 24fps (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/478542-settings-5dmk2-24fps.html)

Harry Simpson May 11th, 2010 07:41 PM

Settings for 5Dmk2 24fps

I must admit I've been a hair confused with the whole CineForm product line. I have recently shot via the new firmware 24fps. I own NeoScene v1.6.0 (and yes the new v5 confused me momentarily). The only application I use is the HDLink convert feature to batch convert my MOV files to AVI files on my PC.
I write computer software and also do photography and video with no formal training.

I want to make sure that I'm optimizing the content at every stage of the process. That said if I shoot 1920x1080 @24fps what should be the optimal settings for converting this to AVI?

Right now all I have is
Quality - High
Output Frame format - Maintain source frame format

Is that about it? Am i missing something.

Is this the correct product for what I'm trying to do which is to edit for Vegas Movie Studio PE 9b( Build 92)

TIA
Harry

David Newman May 11th, 2010 08:05 PM

If you don't mind the small increase in data rate also select "I-frame" encoding -- this speeds up most tools a little and helps in Vegas renders. As you know you source is progressive, set it so. Also look into a NeoHD upgrade, because Canon HDSLRs and FirstLight are a very good fit.

Brant Gajda May 11th, 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1525923)
Also look into a NeoHD upgrade, because Canon HDSLRs and FirstLight are a very good fit.

I would agree with David on this. I'm using the 5D Mark II and having more of a Photography background, FirstLight is MUCH more intuitive/easier than alot of the presets in Premiere/After Effects for color correcting.

Harry Simpson May 11th, 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1525923)
If you don't mind the small increase in data rate also select "I-frame" encoding -- this speeds up most tools a little and helps in Vegas renders. As you know you source is progressive, set it so. Also look into a NeoHD upgrade, because Canon HDSLRs and FirstLight are a very good fit.

David I have "I-frames only" checked already. Selecting "Maintin source frame format" achieves the progressive setting? I see no where else to set this.

What would NeoHD give me as a 5Dmk2 user and i'll have to check into FirstLight as I've never heard of it before.

Thanks
Harry

David Newman May 11th, 2010 09:59 PM

Sorry yes, NeoScene you can't directly control the progressive vs interlaced settings.

NeoHD give you so much more. Too much to describe here, put having worked on and used FirstLight with Canon footage for long, I can't see video work without it.

Harry Simpson May 12th, 2010 11:52 AM

Thanks David

$450 eh - any upgrade credit from NeoScene.

I gues I'd still use Sony Vegas - I'll have to check it out.

Appreciate your help and responses.

David Newman May 12th, 2010 12:06 PM

We do credit the current MSRP on your exiting product toward you upgrade (whatever the upgrade), so that would be $129 off NeoHD in your case -- normally.

HOWEVER, We are rolling out a NeoScene 1.x to NeoHD v5.0 upgrade special in a few days.

So you can do NeoScene 1.x to 5.x for $49
OR
NeoScene 1.x to NeoHD 5.x for $249, a $121 (33%) savings over a typical NeoHD upgrade. ($499 - $129 = $370.)

Ray Bell May 12th, 2010 12:17 PM

David, Did I just mess myself around...

I just updated my Neoscene to NEOHD for $370 a couple days ago so I could get the V5 of NEOHD...

Now your showing a price of $250 ??? Can I get a discount or something???

Edwin Baldwin May 12th, 2010 12:25 PM

David, that is an offer I can not refuse. :)
Ed Baldwin

David Newman May 12th, 2010 12:25 PM

We can't win can we. :) No worries Ray, will credit you the difference.

Ray Bell May 12th, 2010 12:52 PM

Thanks David....

I did the upgrade as a suggestion from a topic you and Chris were talking about the other day... Just didn't know there was going to be specials offered...

later