DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   ProspectHD 4.3 to Neo 4K Ver 5.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/478722-prospecthd-4-3-neo-4k-ver-5-0-a.html)

Stephen Armour May 14th, 2010 12:57 PM

ProspectHD 4.3 to Neo 4K Ver 5.0

I had ProspectHD 4.3xxx loaded and then had put on the new NEO 4K Ver. 5 beta. When the new version just came out, I downloaded it, uninstalled the beta, then updated and activated as normal.

All fine and well in HDLink, but now when I return to previous CS3 projects, or make a new project in CS3, the "Prospect 4K Development" shows up, with no activation.

HDLink shows the activation just fine, and there seems to be the normal file folders for CF. If I enter 'activation" under the "Prospect 4K" window, nothing happens.

Ideas?

JFYI, I uninstalled, deleted all the Cineform directories, then reinstalled and it's still the same.

James Park May 14th, 2010 02:20 PM

Yeah... I'm getting that too after activation. In CS3 pops up with the splash screen from the previous v5 Neo 4K beta "Development" with trial enter key. It doesnt stay around long and once project is loaded it disappears. I'm assuming its just cosmetic thing and it should be activated...

Stephen Armour May 14th, 2010 02:33 PM

I think I remember this from before. We have to deactivate the previous version to install this new version.

Is that right David?

(Can anyone say..."follow the directions...." Sigh.)

David Newman May 14th, 2010 02:57 PM

Simple rule -- never deactivate. The only exception is when reinstalling your OS, or moving to a new system.

Stephen Armour May 14th, 2010 07:47 PM

I didn't deactivate and it's not working correctly. I uninstalled everything and as I stated before, deleted the CF folders, since they had a ProspectHD folder in them. I reinstalled normally, it loaded normally, but the same thing occurs: "Prospect4K Development" is showing when Premiere CS3 is loading and is not activated.

I did nothing different than from many other times. If I remember right, the rule was to deactivate when we installed from Version 3 to Version 4. I didn't do that this time, because I didn't see anywhere that said to do it.

It did the same thing on a CS4 system I loaded and is not working correctly.

Ray Bell May 14th, 2010 08:52 PM

I un-installed Prospect 4K, installed Neo4K on a Windows Vista with CS3... I see the splash screen
for "Prospect 4K Development "when I first start up Premier Pro, it goes away after a few seconds. But it is the Prospect 4K splash screen... not the NEO 4K splash screen.

Whats is odd though is it looks like Prospect 4K is still running.... the Cineform Presets still say Prospect and once I get into Premier all of the Cineform effects from Prospect are still there and are working...

When I open HDlink it looks to be the new version.. the log shows
" CineForm Prospect/NEO 4K -(5.0.0 Build 256)" so it looks correct

First Light- seems to be working except there is no hystogram...

Ray Bell May 14th, 2010 09:36 PM

Just went and examined the install record for NEO4K... from what I can tell ( for CS3 at least )
looks like NEO4K is Prospect 4K. The presets and effects were extracted and loaded and they
match the install log of a Prospect 4K load???

David Newman May 14th, 2010 09:46 PM

Download you builds again, same links now have 5.0.0.256a, which fixes the slash screen in CS3. It will still say "Prospect", which features basically merged into Neo.

Ray,

Histograms are working find but they is more to is now. Info here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...ml#post1524558

Ray Bell May 15th, 2010 06:59 AM

Thanks David... First Light looks pretty good now that you pointed me in the right direction .... I even got
digital juice fonts to work in there... nice job.

also, I'm glad to see the effects from Prospect are still intact... I use the flip effect quite a bit for shots I shoot by mounting the 7D to a monopod and turn the camera upside down for low shots. :-)

Charles W. Hull May 15th, 2010 09:50 AM

CS4 vs CS5 Effects and Transitions

After the ProspectHD v4 to Neo 4K v5 upgrade all of the prior Effects and Transitions still show up in CS4 but a much smaller subset shows up in in CS5.

I'm assuming they are left out because most of the prior effects won't play with the new CF RT engine. But I use the PZR Constrained effect now and then. Is there a plan to port this (or other effects and transitions) to CS5?

Stephen Armour May 15th, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1527187)
Download you builds again, same links now have 5.0.0.256a, which fixes the slash screen in CS3. It will still say "Prospect", which features basically merged into Neo.

Just as you said, the ProspectHD splash now shows with an "acitvated" text on it in Premiere CS3, NEO .

Problem now (in CS3) is First Light. NEO screen loads but doesn't complete (when checking license) and some menu items are not there and all are apparently deactivated except "import project". It does not allow ANY file to be imported, but will allow a file to be "drag and dropped". Looks like someone dropped a test version on us maybe?

HDLink is normal.

David, do you want a copy of my Install.log to check out?

David Newman May 15th, 2010 11:47 AM

Charles,

We aren't initially planning to port more effects, PZR is doable in the motion panel and now in FirstLight, so it was redundant (and not 32-bit float.)

Stephen,

It seem the licensing is timing out on your system. If you try FirstLight immediately after a license failure does it work? We have to ask the security vendor why it is so slow on some systems.

Stephen Armour May 15th, 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1527331)
Stephen,

It seem the licensing is timing out on your system. If you try FirstLight immediately after a license failure does it work? We have to ask the security vendor why it is so slow on some systems.

It doesn't work, even immediately after failing to load.

I'm going to load that newest build (5.0.0.256a) on one of our CS4 systems and see what happens.

Stephen Armour May 15th, 2010 12:30 PM

Exactly the same thing. Times out and even the menus are whited out now. Somethings definitely not kosher in the quiche....

Charles W. Hull May 16th, 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1527331)
We aren't initially planning to port more effects, PZR is doable in the motion panel and now in FirstLight, so it was redundant (and not 32-bit float.)

The First Light offsets and zoom will do it for me. Unfortunately while the offsets work, zoom isn't working on my setup; this is Neo4K version 5.0.0.256.