DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Mocha and neo4k (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/478810-mocha-neo4k.html)

Ray Parkes May 16th, 2010 04:59 PM

Mocha and neo4k

Has anyone used Mocha with CS5? I have a lot of handheld shots and footage taken from a very scary microlight flight to steady. At the moment using CS4 Mocha doesn’t work with CF files and I have to create a different format in order to get the data which then goes to the original file in AE. Its a tedious xtra step. I would love to be able to remove it.

Jay Bloomfield May 16th, 2010 07:40 PM

Yes. I have both mocha AE CS5 and mocha (full version 2.0 that works with AE CS5 and other compositing and NLE software). They both work fine with 1440x1080 and 1920x1080 CFHD files with NEO 4k V5. I haven't checked any other resolutions. If that's your problem, I can experiment with 2K and 4K files.

I'm a little concerned that you couldn't get mocha AE CS4 to work, though. What happens when you try to open a CFHD file in mocha AE CS4?

Ray Parkes May 17th, 2010 01:36 AM

Mocha loaded the CF files but all that showed was colored noise. It only effects CF captured files. I always work with sq pixels because I use a lot of 3D generated animation. I wondered if that was the cause. Other as in not CF files work fine. It is a problem with the CS4 version of Mocha that had been discussed here but no one came up with a solution at least not one that I have seen. I am pleased to hear its now fixed in v5.

Jay Bloomfield May 17th, 2010 01:56 PM

I should have also asked you if you were using the free version (1.0) of mocha AE that came built-in with CS4 or did you buy the upgrade to mocha AE 2.0? I know this is somewhat off track, but could you point me to the discussion of the CF "colored noise" issue, since it might help me in understanding what's going on?

I've didn't see that issue in either CS4 or CS5, so it's possible that it is caused by some "unlucky" combination of hardware, video driver and the OS being used. For reference, I am using Win 7 x64 Ultimate with an nVidia graphics card (GTX 275, with 1792 MB texture RAM on the video card). I wouldn't want you to run out and upgrade and then find out that the same problem is still occurring with Cineform files and mocha.

Ray Parkes May 17th, 2010 07:54 PM

original post
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...ers-mocha.html
I am using the free plug-in from CS4

I never sorted it and have just returned to the footage I had the problem with before. I had hoped the latest upgrade would fix it.
Sony V1 1440 HDV footage upscaled to 1920 x 1040 on capture. I have tried recapturing it with the latest version of Prospect. I have but haven't installed Neo 4k yet to try that. I was going to wait until I had CS5. It costs more than double from here and need to justify the cost!

x64 Vista dual Xeon 12GB RAM NVIDIA FX 1500 which only has 256 MB but using 2287 MB total. It works well the 3DS Max.
All due for an upgrade when I eventually finish this project later this year

Jay Bloomfield May 17th, 2010 09:18 PM

Well, the mocha 1440x1080 CFHD "bug" was definitely fixed a while ago. Unless the project settings in AE and the clip settings in mocha matched exactly the track wouldn't work properly. mocha was assuming the wrong PAR (1:1 instead of 1.33:1) for the HDV-sized Cineform clips and unless you manually changed the setting in mocha, nothing worked right in the transfer from mocha to AE.

Maybe your best bet is to download the AE CS5 demo and see if it works with mocha (The licensed version of AE CS5 ships with version 2.0 of mocha AE, but I'm not sure about the AE CS5 demo). If the AE CS5 demo doesn't have mocha AE, then download the demo version of mocha from the Imagineering website. If that doesn't work, then trying turning textures off in mocha. That sometimes does the trick. AE CS5 demo shouldn't interfere with your CS4 installation. At least no one on the Adobe forum has reported any problems to date.

Ray Parkes May 18th, 2010 02:35 PM

Thanks I will try that when I clear the load a bit.